Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tired of people giving up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

06-03-2012

If you go into a game already not caring, don't start the game in the first place. I don't want to see, game after game, "OMG *insert champ here* IS OP I'M DONE **** THIS". I'm sick of it, and it needs to stop. Every champ has their weaknesses, and if you're too impatient or uncaring to figure them out, don't take it out on other players.

GrimCrimson

06-03-2012

Well if you're doing horribad with NO HOPE, I repeat this, NO HOPE of ever getting back up, then you would quit too, unless you're a goody goody.

Stop ****ing complaining and play the **** game instead of repeating the same **** thread that has been posted over 9000 times already. Seriously.

NamKim

06-04-2012

I do not think he is complaining about people surrendering. Rather people giving up from the very beginning due to team composition.

I mean, we all faced this before. The other team has a jungle Shaco or the new champion and someone on your team decides to not even try to win and ends up just feeding to get the game so everyone will surrender by 20:00. Then afterwards, tells everyone that he was right that the game was not even worth playing. Usually happens in Blind pick rather than draft pick because you would q-dodge by then.

What I think Cryogen is trying to say is "don't give up before you even tried." They might have the OP champion, but we might just be superior players.

Th3 Herbalist

06-04-2012

Quote:
NamKim:
I do not think he is complaining about people surrendering. Rather people giving up from the very beginning due to team composition.

I mean, we all faced this before. The other team has a jungle Shaco or the new champion and someone on your team decides to not even try to win and ends up just feeding to get the game so everyone will surrender by 20:00. Then afterwards, tells everyone that he was right that the game was not even worth playing. Usually happens in Blind pick rather than draft pick because you would q-dodge by then.

What I think Cryogen is trying to say is "don't give up before you even tried." They might have the OP champion, but we might just be superior players.

Exactly. Just because the other team has Darius (or Tryndamere, or Singed, etc.) doesn't mean it's an instant loss, and I'm tired of people thinking that way. I'm not complaining about surrender votes (because if I don't want to surrender, I vote no) - I'm complaining about people who don't even bother trying and then either AFK, feed, or even just DC out of their frustration.

It wouldn't bother me so much if so many people didn't do it. TT is an actual game mode, not a joke to be played around on. If you want to do that, play a custom or Co-op Vs A.I. Just because you don't care doesn't mean the other players don't either - I play to win, and I still get losses from playing with people like that. It's really annoying going into a game and wanting to try something new out with a friend and the third disconnects because they're getting destroyed bot lane by a Lux/Garen combo (and, of course, calls the top lane Darius OP before he leaves, even though the Darius had nothing to do with it.)

TL;DR Don't play a normal or especially ranked game if you don't play seriously.

Lorthix

06-04-2012

Well if you're playing a ranked game and your team has that attitude I think you just need new teammates, but yeah, in normals its quite frustrating to have people have a negative attitude before the first minute.