Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yorick! mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gingivits

06-03-2012

Hello, Latley I've been playing Yorick a lot and not just solo top(my favorite to play though). I've also played him mid a lot and find myself dominating mid most games. Could Yorick be a good mid pick to counter the AP mid and have like a rumble or akali or kennen go top. Yorick can sustain his lane with E and sit in there forever. Can push his lane by spamming buttons. At level 6 he can make it a 2v1, 3v1, or 2v2. His Q can help him escape jungle ganks along with his W. He can be used kind of like a kassadin(thats how i picture it anyways) where he is a mid range caster but instead of not using melee and using AP he is an AD bruiser mid range caster that can melee and has high amounts of burst early game with W,E,Q combo and healing himself for that pesky burst dmg of the AP mids. Any thoughts about it put them here! I am just wondering if Yorick can be a great mid pick.

Resolute Riven

06-03-2012

Personally I don't play Yorick but I like the sound of that. Sounds really strong. Possibly build Chalice for infinite sustain and MR?

Gingivits

06-03-2012

What I usually build(this is for both solo top and mid 90% of the time) I start with meki pendant, then get enough gold to get boots and tear of godess, turn tear into manamune because manamune(after you get some mana stacks) becomes killer for yorick, spam ghouls till your heart content. Usually after that kinda depends. I always get merc treads for MR and tenacity. 90% of the time i build frozen mallet then atmas and bloodthirster and a FoN or Banshee's. Works very well and is more for early game dmg(that how yorick is) and then late game utility with his R, giving the team fights 6v5(make sure to use on the AD carry or an AD melee who is fed and making him a bit tanky. His E will still heal for incredible amounts while having that slow with W and auto attacks. A chalice could work very well for mid, never thought of it. Probably will sell it towards the end though. I still would get manamune because its just so perfect for yorick. I've also realized that this paragraph may be hard to read.