Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why was I banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firstonetolive

06-03-2012

I mean seriously. I rage sometimes (Never rage quit). I have d/c issues for like 5 games total and always come back to them. Worst was starting 5 minutes late and we still won that one. I admit I have had some really bad games where it probably looked like I was feeding but when everyone is cursing you up one side and down the other for being 1-3. It doesnt inspire you to be a team player.

Now im banned for the remainder of the double ip boost weekend and I had an ip boost running. And it doesnt even say the reason I was banned for or even give me a warning? This just isnt comming across as fair to me considering I have been dealing with leavers quiters and trolls just like everyone else.

Shiister

06-03-2012

Most common reasons from your post.

Offensive Language
Verbal Abuse
LeaverBuster

Firstonetolive

06-03-2012

Seriously? My standards have been set equal to the community I dont rage unless someone is raging at me I dont use racial slurs and maybe at the very most curse someone out in one in 20 games if that. Like I said I have no known reason to be banned. It doesnt tell me why I was banned. I have been playing the exact same way for nearly 2 years now and never had a ban before why all of the sudden am I being banned. I mean they ban me at the worst possible time with the double ip weekend and my ip boost running so it not like this is just a little warning they are penalizing me not just game time but accutal cash. I have recieve no responce from RIOT about my ban no warnings. This just seem excessive.

Shiister

06-03-2012

Quote:
Firstonetolive:
Seriously? My standards have been set equal to the community I dont rage unless someone is raging at me I dont use racial slurs and maybe at the very most curse someone out in one in 20 games if that. Like I said I have no known reason to be banned. It doesnt tell me why I was banned. I have been playing the exact same way for nearly 2 years now and never had a ban before why all of the sudden am I being banned. I mean they ban me at the worst possible time with the double ip weekend and my ip boost running so it not like this is just a little warning they are penalizing me not just game time but accutal cash. I have recieve no responce from RIOT about my ban no warnings. This just seem excessive.

You only think its excessive cause you got banned during the double weekend IP, if you got banned any other weekend then you probably wouldn't be making this post.

Firstonetolive

06-03-2012

Well I would probably still post wondering why I was banned but would just want the reason. Deploying a ban like this seems unaccountable.

The Uprising

Recruiter

06-03-2012

Quote:
Firstonetolive:

The average LoL player is bannable according to the Summoner's Code. You were just unlucky and got reported more than other players.

NecroticBinder

06-03-2012

Quote:
Firstonetolive:
Seriously? My standards have been set equal to the community
Well apparently you standards were not. Otherwise you wouldn't have been banned.
Quote:
I dont rage unless someone is raging at me
Two wrongs don't make a right, nor do they make you immune from punishment.
Quote:
I dont use racial slurs and maybe at the very most curse someone out in one in 20 games if that.
Good job? You can still harass people without cursing.
Quote:
Like I said I have no known reason to be banned.
Nope. You said it yourself, you rage at your teammates when they rage at you. Still reason enough for you to be banned.
Quote:
It doesnt tell me why I was banned. I have been playing the exact same way for nearly 2 years now and never had a ban before why all of the sudden am I being banned.
Because the system hadn't caught you yet? I could get away with a series of thefts for years and not get caught until the end. That doesn't mean stealing is any better, it just means I didn't get caught.
Quote:
I mean they ban me at the worst possible time with the double ip weekend and my ip boost running so it not like this is just a little warning they are penalizing me not just game time but accutal cash. I have recieve no responce from RIOT about my ban no warnings. This just seem excessive.

Sucks to be you. Contact Riot support about this, you may get an increase in time, but I highly doubt it. Analyze what you did wrong and fix it.

Firstonetolive

06-03-2012

Having seen Methelod post on several other threads I would love to see a transcript of his/her games and see how many bannable offences are in there.

My problem with this is not truely the ban but the Timing of the ban and the lack of stated reason behind the ban along with Riot's either inability or refusal to just tell me the reason why.

Edit:

Also if the majority of players are breaking the code as you state is the reason we still seeing so many trolls and afkers in the ques because Riot is not place the emphasis on banning the more game breaking players?

James Keenan

06-03-2012

Quote:
Why was I banned

Quote:
Firstonetolive:
I rage sometimes (Never rage quit). I have d/c issues for like 5 games total and always come back to them.

That is your answer.

Ravenkid

06-03-2012

Riot is a Smoke and Mirror Flim-Flam Artist and has the common sense of a squirrel and expect you be a mind reader and gleam the reason from that vague email. They expect you to change the behavior that you are unaware of conducting. It would be too hard for them to send the reporting category and reasons from tribunal to your email.

My advise is it probably happened recently, check your mental game history, any premades? admitted trolls?

In the future say nothing, and hope you don't get reported for things that wont show up in tribunal, only play champs you can guarantee a good score with, and hope and pray.

In general tribunal is pretty quick nowadays so it probably happened in the past 24 hours.