Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Failed to Connect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LackingDecency

06-25-2012

Quote:
Lextirpate:
My roommate and I are also getting the issue (even when only one of us is trying to play). What's going on here, Riot? Please fix this.

To be specific, after everyone's locked in and the countdown finishes, the "LEAGUE of LEGENDS" splash screen appears. It stays there for a very long time. If I mouse over it, my mouse cursor turns into the circular "loading" cursor. Eventually, it makes a Windows ding sound and a window appears behind it (because the splash screen is set to "always on top&quot with the title, "Failed to Connect", and the text, "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?". It has a "Retry" button, a "Cancel" button, and the standard Windows "X" button in the top-right corner. If I click "Retry", the window disappears and the splash screen remains, repeating the cycle. If I kill all the LoL-related processes using Process Explorer and try logging in again, sometimes it allows me in and gets to a loading screen and sometimes it doesn't, preferring to do the same thing with the splash screen and eventually "Failed to Connect" window. Please fix your network and loading code.

I am a network administrator and I understand what a firewall does. I have Windows 7's firewall disabled. I am using a Billion BiPAC 7800N gigabit router (said to be among the most stable and consistent routers in existence) set to forward all ports to all machines on my LAN (default setting). LoL worked perfectly and consistently until yesterday when I first saw this issue. None of my hardware or software changed between the time it worked consistently and when I first started seeing this issue.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and my ISP is Acanac. I have their 28 Mbps cable internet plan. Acanac uses the Rogers network for its cable connection to my home. Acanac is also somehow related to Distributel, but I'm not sure in what way.

Oh no! Not again! It appears that the problem came back. This problem was potent a fews days back, I refer to it as being stuck in limbo. Unfortunately, I have experienced this and was unable to play for an entire day as a result. However, it was fixed after they brought down the servers all together for a maintenance. With this problem and the Dash problem that some champions are experiencing, im sure that there will be some changes later today

Sai the Goddess

06-25-2012

Same happening with me

OnTrial

06-25-2012

I am also getting it, tried retrying 3x and still nothing

Armoredmando

06-26-2012

reinstall people, worked for me.

Divenity

06-26-2012

Quote:
Armoredmando:
reinstall people, worked for me.

didn't do a **** thing for me.

RawDoggingRandom

07-19-2012

Re-installing did not help me with the issue at all.
Normally I can get into a game, but it takes several minutes and missing the first few minutes of a game is a game where I start far behind.
Please fix this issue Riot.

RoarImADinasaur

07-19-2012

Bump for jsutice

Zyocuh

Recruiter

07-21-2012

Happening to me :/

Zyocuh

Recruiter

07-22-2012

anymore updates on this?

Zavoky

08-08-2012

just happened. wtf