Failed to Connect

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armoredmando

06-15-2012

Update: This error only occurs when I play a game with friends, it did not happen until after the draven patch and I already repaired the client.

Chica7

06-18-2012

RIOT PLEASE FIX THIS! I have been playing LoL for a year now and I cannot believe that this is suddenly happening and preventing me from playing.

Chica7

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lextirpate View Post
My roommate and I are also getting the issue (even when only one of us is trying to play). What's going on here, Riot? Please fix this.

To be specific, after everyone's locked in and the countdown finishes, the "LEAGUE of LEGENDS" splash screen appears. It stays there for a very long time. If I mouse over it, my mouse cursor turns into the circular "loading" cursor. Eventually, it makes a Windows ding sound and a window appears behind it (because the splash screen is set to "always on top") with the title, "Failed to Connect", and the text, "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?". It has a "Retry" button, a "Cancel" button, and the standard Windows "X" button in the top-right corner. If I click "Retry", the window disappears and the splash screen remains, repeating the cycle. If I kill all the LoL-related processes using Process Explorer and try logging in again, sometimes it allows me in and gets to a loading screen and sometimes it doesn't, preferring to do the same thing with the splash screen and eventually "Failed to Connect" window.
This is exactly what happens to me. I do not understand how to fix it.

Armoredmando

06-21-2012

Riot, what the **** please help us. Im still getting this error even after your fail patch.

Pwnsawce

06-21-2012

I think Riot is sleeping...

Denatharion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

same freaking problem here...

Armoredmando

06-22-2012

Ok Riot, I now have a level one leaver penalty for being disconnected from games because of this same issue. This penalty has been given to me unfairly as this issue is not originating from my end. This is your fault, and the message I received told me to post here. Well, I am posting here, I have been posting here and I have received no assistance. This penalty needs to be lifted and this issue has to be resolved ASAP.

Epheo

06-24-2012

I get this exact error too...it happens EVERY game right after champ select...wont let me in at first. I have to click retry twice before i get in...Its not a huge issue for me since i dont get leaver penalty...but I am wondering if some of my lag is associated with this connection issue. IT is a problem if i do crash as it takes me twice as long to get back in. I have disabled my firewall and made exceptions for EVERY exe associated with LoL

Epheo

06-24-2012

I have this issue too. After I get passed champ select I have to retry to connect to the game twice before it will let me join. I do not however have any issues once im in (usually). But this is getting old after ages of taking twice as long to join a game.

Lextirpate

06-25-2012

This still isn't fixed in the latest patch. Please fix it!!! This is getting really frustrating.

Remember, Riot, it's easy to fix. Simply make the first connection attempt do whatever the third connection attempt does. The game works perfectly every time after the third connection attempt.

123456 ... 11