Swain and ranked help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weekend Spartan

06-03-2012

Hello fellow summoners! Firstly allow me to apologize for any grammatical errors In this post, I'm writing using my phone with a LoL forum app for android. And here in Australia it is nearly 1 o clock, AM that is lol.

Anyways, I wouldn't call myself a pro. But I don't think Im horrible either, have around 360 wins on my account. (Plus plenty on a friends). And I'm looking to make the transition into ranked matches. So far I've only played one (and lost) as jax.

So any general tips would be appreciated, but specifically those to the champion swain regarding ranked.

I recently bought swain, and he is by far my favorite champ now.

How does he fit Into the current Meta? what lanes and roles can he fufill? I ask because ranked games are obviously different to normal and seem to have a strict Meta.

I can, and am prepared to use other champions if needed, but I'm not sure about swain as he APPEARS to be a tanky ish SUSTAINED mage, rather than a burst one.

So is he for example viable solo top? A.d if so how would one build him?

He seems flexible, as in many items suit him. Visage and vamp for sustain, RoA and scepter for slow and tankyness, chalice and AP for continued damage etcetera etcetera.

TL;DR : I'm new to ranked, general tips? What roles does swain fufil, how do I build him? (Continued damage, sustain, Tanky mage?)

kijik

06-03-2012

His burst is actually fairly powerful. Especially if you max e first. Which you should.
In top lane he's pretty much situational counter pick only. Having no escapes sparing a long cd snare skill shot means most bruisers will rush him and eat him. But if you're against a champ like say nasus with no gap closer. You can easily abuse them I would just suggest a more Tammy/sustain based build. Revolver rush with roa and rylais.
Mid he's abusive against a large number of champs. Just again be wary of high mobility burst/disable champs like ahri and lb. Though ahri can be outplayed. Lb will dump on you. Veigar also is an issue. But shorter range ap like ryze can be wittled down and killed. Then I again.would build a revolver then get higher damage like rabs/athenes/dfg.
Bear in mind W eats mana bad. Also E amps the damage of dfg. So a WQE immediate dfg combo with R rolling will generally kill. Esp with ignite.
His job is to either be tanky and.be that big angry bird in the middle of the fight. Or skirt around mid range comboing people out of the fight since Q and E are fairly short cd. Using ulti to amp damage or stay alive. All of his damage is based around dumping as much damage as possible during the 3 seconds e is on them.
Hope I helped happy hunting.

Lvl 18 Zed

06-03-2012

Swain is basically a tanky mage who goes in the middle of team fights and burst people.

He is great in picking off squishy champs, make sure to gank often cause your ensare is really viable for an easy kill ( if you hit your target )

Weekend Spartan

06-03-2012

Thank you very much for the tips :)