What runes work for every jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpringBean

06-01-2012

Okay I know this thread has been made a million times but all I see is these codes, like flat MR or ff blues, jurghlfvnhsmfvomsg quints... Please use language like Magic Resist reds, y'kno? THANKS in advance.. So I have a few junglers like Warwick, jax lee sin, fizz etc.. And I am not doing so well in the jungle and I know it's because i'm only using offensive runes! So thanks in advance for any advise bye!

Cenerae

06-01-2012

Okay, here's a fairly generic setup for you then.

Reds: Attack speed (or armor penentration)
Yellows: Flat armor
Blues: Either attack speed or flat magic resist (your choice)
Quintessences: Attack speed or armor penetration (whichever you didn't use for reds)

You want a total of 10 armor penetration between your reds and quints. You could however, replace these with attack damage runes if you preferred. Or even more attack speed. I wouldn't recommend that for a general page, as they're focused more towards specific things (such as AD casters like Riven who really benefit from having the extra damage, or speed freaks like Shyvana who want to clear as fast as possible so they can run off and counterjungle).

Also, use a 9/21/0 mastery setup, grabbing all the damage and minion damage reduction masteries. Doing this and using the above runepage should enable you to start with things other than cloth armor and 5 potions for most champions. Jax for example, can start with a vampiric scepter and not bat an eye, if you do it properly. Lee can easily start with boots for better ganking. And so on.

MeltedWater

06-01-2012

You don't want Attack Speed/Armor Penetration for AP junglers, such as Fiddlesticks, Nunu, or Amumu. Basically, the only runes that would work for ABSOLUTELY everybody is armor/magic resist. That's it. You need a bit of leeway to get the best for each individual champion.

Etherimp

06-01-2012

For ANY jungler, these runes work:

Quints: Armor Pen
Reds: AD
Yellow: Flat Armor
Blues: ASpd or MR per Level.

10 Armor pen means you do true damage to mobs.
AD means you kill the mobs faster.
Flat Armor means you take less damage from mobs.
Aspd means you kill them faster, whle MR Per Level means you come out of the jungle tankier than you went in, and allows you to put off buying MR from items a little longer than you normally would.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
You don't want Attack Speed/Armor Penetration for AP junglers, such as Fiddlesticks, Nunu, or Amumu. Basically, the only runes that would work for ABSOLUTELY everybody is armor/magic resist. That's it. You need a bit of leeway to get the best for each individual champion.
actually on nunu attack speed reds and MS quints arent bad, same with maokai and other tanks

but he also wants good jungles im assuming as amu it outdone by naut and fiddle just has horrible jungle times and most people refuse to gank at 3 and prefer to jungle until 6 for his ulti only

as for all purpose jungling:
you want flat armor yellow
mr blues(flat or scaling really doesn't make a huge difference) make ganks at mid easier on your life and the 5% attack speed isnt a huge bump compared to the extra defense in ganks unless you are playing tryn imo
10 armor pen from reds then attack speed or flat ad for the rest of reds/quints
*although MS quints are also good on tank junglers along with people like udyr and skarner who have no gap closer

** flat quints and 3 reds give more ad than all ad reds btw, it just cost more if you don't have it already

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

armor yellows, movement speed quints, magic resist blues, then you can either do armor reds, AD reds, or attack speed reds...the reds wont necessarily work on fiddle unless you use armor, but they will work on other jungles

SummoningGiraffe

06-02-2012

For generic, you're going to need two pages at least.
Both pages will most likely include Flat Armor Yellows, and Magic Resist per Level Blues.
Currently, I have one setup that has Attack Speed Reds and Armor Pen Quints. I use this page for most junglers who are more of the AD damaging types. My other setup is Magic Pen Reds and Movespeed Quints. This is nice for both those Tanky junglers and the few AP junglers (Malphite, Rammus, Amumu, Fiddle, Nunu)
Generally for Jungling, you're going to need Flat Armor Yellows, those are all-time requirements. The rest is a sort of matching game between Attack Speed, Armor Pen, Magic Pen, Health, Move speed, and sometimes Life steal.

sugarcrotch

06-03-2012

idk for other junglers but for me i jungle lee sin and use ad reds, quints and 1 ad blue for yellows just armor and the rest of the blues i get magic resist it gives me 16 dmg and i normally am able to start with boots 3 and gank after red at lvl 2

Edit* thanks to crumbzz for the 16 ad :P