Doran's Blade in the jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bartlow

06-03-2012

I know Wriggles is considered standard and a must have on almost all junglers that are AD. After reading a guide on Lee Sin that suggested two Dorans Blades instead, I tried it and loved it. I understand some junglers need wriggles, but for junglers like Lee Sin, Noc, or any other strong junglers that don't need wriggles to jungle, would it be more beneficial to get two dorans instead of Wriggles? I mean, for the cost of the wriggles you could have 2 dorans and your boots upgraded to tier 2, which gives you much more power and survivability in ganks, counterjungling, and 1v1.

Thoughts?

SummoningGiraffe

06-03-2012

Wriggles is losing its viability in the jungle I'd say. However, it can still be used in place of those dorans against AD-heavy teams. This is simply because the armor from wriggles will provide some defense and help you survive. While getting two dorans is great against Magic-heavy teams or specified lanes you need to gank because the extra 200 health will help you survive against the burst of the mages.

Wriggles I feel like is more of a farming item, or a good pick for easy dragons and early barons as well.

Dweia

06-03-2012

Skipping wriggles on a strong enough jungler is fine, though Lee especially loves the free ward, though I'd feel that double Dorans slows down your big items too much. Not that I've actually tried it.

Cenerae

06-03-2012

You'd mostly get Dorans on AD caster types (Lee, Riven, Panth, etc) in order to greatly increase their ganking strength. And only if you're doing really well with your very early ganks, to try and snowball off the cheap stats.

If you buy them when you're not getting any ganks in you'll just delay more important items for too long.

NamidaTekika

06-03-2012

I don't like to skip Wriggles just due to the free ward helping the team and speeds up jungling as a whole (which means more counter jungle time also)

Zevalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

2 Doran's doesn't slow down your big items since its 650 gold cheaper than wriggle's. Basically the rule for Wriggle's or Blades is always go Wriggle's if your jungling relies mostly on your autoattacks (Trundle, Blitz, Jax, Jarvan, Darius, Shaco, Lee) or you don't have enough early sustain in the jungle (Olaf, sometimes Pantheon). Doran's blades for more assassin junglers or those who rely more on ganks (Riven, Pantheon, Lee, Talon, Shaco). Then theres the AoE junglers that don't get either but they have their own builds. Hope that helped.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

just a little information, the doran's blade and ring only have 80 hp for 160 extra life.

Optimal

06-03-2012

I go doran's with Twitch and pantheon Everytime i jungle them, Other's It can be situational if I want 2-3 doran's or wriggle's.