Warwick's blood scent does not detect akali in twilight shroud

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yarashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

Well i guess the thread name says it all. While in the cover of twilight shroud and below 50% health, Warwick's Blood Scent does not detect akali.

Although this might be intentional, my guess is it isn't, therefore this report.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-23-2010

Bloodscent does not activate on targets that are invisible. Apparently Riot's stance is that if it's invisible, it doesn't bleed.

Elethier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

Wait, I thought bloodscent activated on other stealth champions, like Twitch and Evelyn. I'm fairly certain that you can see Twitch with bloodscent, at the very least.

AgentLouis

08-23-2010

Yes blood scent does work on twitch and Evelyn. Maybe your a first to report it.

Yarashi

08-23-2010

I just tested with warwick vs shaco. It would seem that blood scent does not reveal invisibility like shaco's deceive and akali's shroud.

I seem to remember that it procs on twitch though. Does anyone know the rules for Warwicks blood scent and invisibility?

cheers

Obrek

08-24-2010

The problem with this is that Akali's stealth does not work like stealth. She isn't technically invisible. Blood scent cannot reveal her, and neither does oracle's elixer.If you've ever seen her use the shroud, the only thing that can reveal her is a tower. Wards cannot reveal her either. The shroud prevents anyone from seeing into it, she is not invisible. Interestingly, a tower's magical sight can penetrate the shroud.

Yarashi

08-24-2010

I seem to remember that oracle DOES show akali whilst in shroud. Anyhow, bloodscent does not show shaco whilst deceiving either, so my final guess would be that it is intentional that bloodscent does not show akali/shaco in given circumstances.

Still guessing though, if anyone could provide hard facts here, please do.

Obrek

08-24-2010

I would not be surprised if you saw her with oracles when you were in the shroud. It only prevents sight from outside the shroud. I do not know if warwick's blood scent would work if he was in her shroud, but it would be interesting to find out. Also I have just discovered that if you do not touch the tower with akali's shroud, it cannot see her. Whatever has magical sight has to be inside the shroud's radius to detect her.

Cmdr QuickPickle

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrek View Post
The problem with this is that Akali's stealth does not work like stealth. She isn't technically invisible. Blood scent cannot reveal her, and neither does oracle's elixer.If you've ever seen her use the shroud, the only thing that can reveal her is a tower. Wards cannot reveal her either. The shroud prevents anyone from seeing into it, she is not invisible. Interestingly, a tower's magical sight can penetrate the shroud.
If you place a vision ward in the middle of Twilight Shroud you can reveal Akali in her bubble.

Leecher

08-24-2010

Warwick's blood scent can see enemies with low health but cannot see invisible units such as stealthed twitch or eve,and obviously cannot see akali while she is STEALTHED in her shrout