Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KobuZero

06-03-2012

Hey everyone,

So I just bought Shaco yesterday and I've been doing fairly well with him. But I would like some tips on playing him. Also, is AD or AP better? I have seen both do good.
Also some tips for learning to jungle with him would be very helpful.

Thanks

Fluffy1

06-03-2012

neither build is better than the other in reality, both have their strengths but are both easily countered in different ways. AD has a stronger early game by far but drops off late game completely. AP has a slow start but a strong mid game and an ok late game but still drops off.

i personally play him AP rushing a DFG, cant give you any recent tips on AD since i gave up on that build over a year ago.

as for tips, learn AD first, AP is alot harder to play well. with regards to AP general tips i can give is your whole goal is creating chaos, your timing into a fight is critical as you wanna land your dfg-E combo on their carry just as hes about to be hit by something else so he cant react in time to the hidden burst.

best time to use clone is when you low as the enemy will often blow it up by accident. also note that if you decive and then clone you stay stealthed making the clone obvious target in fight, AP tends to make the most of his stealth time to recover his CD's.

while jitbs nest are powerful when they work i dont recomend making any till your level 18 in game since time setting up one is time you loose out on farm and more importantly exp. late game is also ideal since you will only need 2-3 to kill a squishy with you there. only exception to this is a starting lvl 1 nest gamble and if your going for early buff monsters.

i tend to play AP as a support for bot lane using jibts to make the lane very hard to gank while applying shiv harrass to zone. since you dont need decive to do any damage with AP you can almost always escape, my favorite is to deceive towards the river when jungle gank comes.

midillusion

06-03-2012

In my opinion, Shaco is best as AD, not AP. The problem with AP is that in a fight, once you use your Shiv, you have nothing to do but sit there until it comes off CD, and meanwhile you are a sitting duck (your boxes aren't going to be much use in a teamfight unless you get really lucky). AP also has quite a poor killing potential compared to AD, so for jungling you will want to go AD if you want to make any impact when it comes to ganks. As AP jungle, you will be slightly faster, but still slow compared to other junglers and still reliant on ganks for the most part.

As for the actual jungling part, I haven't jungled Shaco since they changed the jungle, so I can't really help you there.

Fluffy1

06-03-2012

you forgot the clone, its what he really brings to the fight as AP, 600 base damage with 1:1 ratio is possibly the highest damage non channeled AOE in the game. and its not too difficult to get it to explode from accidental AOE's since most shaco's are glass cannons.

however in all fairness AD shaco cant even consider teamfighting, he will instantly explode the second he comes out of stealth since he needs to get in melee and somehow stay there. only time he can do this reliably is when the fight is allready over.