Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Pyrrho

08-23-2010

I was curious as to what you guys consider the best tank, the one you groan when you see the other team has chosen them and cant do without on your own team. Any sort of input will be greatly appreciated, whether it be pointing out flaws or highlighting the pros and cons of any tanks you consider good or bad.

I am fairly low leveled (12) but i played ROC DotA for a couple years untill it eventually died out and my friend showed me this game about a week ago and im trying to rise in the ranks as quickly as i can. I like to play tank/off-tank characters more than dps because i feel being selfless is highly underrated. I love ending a game 3-5-11 just racking up the assist as long as we eventually win. So far in my solo que everyone likes to choose the carries (obviously), so i think choosing the 'best' tank and becoming great with him will give us a huge advantage in every game no matter the team makeup.

Yes i know that was long-winded, but i feel that you should know that whichever tank people love the most i will but a lot of time and effort into becoming great with that champion.

peyo

08-23-2010

Shen and Amumu

FckMan

Recruiter

08-23-2010

rammus too.

me personally, Alistar is just too much fun.

08-23-2010

The best tank I think...

Shen: his taunt is his best ability followed by his ult for dropping in or escaping
Amumu: his ult is hax, and his bandage is **** good for catching runners or taking an enemy by surprise. Then you have his AoE health % dmg...which is just the sexiest.

Shen is better for those fights where the enemy is turtling a tower, amumu is better for team fights in the open.

Offtank...
POPPY **** YEA

FckMan

Recruiter

08-23-2010

i dont mind amumu's ult since im always using cleanse unless im shaco i always keep a distance when i havent seen him use his ult. i dont use cleanse with shaco. but as alistar as im using alot atm, cleanse, headbutt GTFO boy.

The Pyrrho

08-23-2010

I hear a lot of things about Amumu, and isn't Shen getting nerfed a bit with his ult?

CarlSagansCosmos

08-23-2010

shen singed and amumu.

Shen and singed just can't seem to be harrassed out of a lane, hard as hell to kill even if they don't build tank items.

Amumu has his ulti, which will make me groan if their team has someone like fiddle on it. AOE teams mainly.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

08-23-2010

1)amumu
2)shen
3)rammus

actually, shen and rammus are so close to each other it's really just a personal preference which one you like more, and I like shen SLIGHTLY more

08-23-2010

oh the tank that makes me groan is galio.

His ranged abilites with his "buy mercs or your dead" ult annoys me.

Cocoabutter

08-23-2010

Amumu, Shen, Rammus, Gailo, Garen, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Alistar, Singed, Taric....pretty much in that order.

Some other heroes can tank, I just don't like them to.