Item Build Planner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vichar

10-29-2009

Hi Riot,

I made a build editor that has these features in WPF, C#:
- Lets you filter for items in the same way you select them in game.
- After adding items to your build, it lets you see the recipe tree by clicks. You can then add ingredients and doing so will deduct the ingredient cost from the overall recipe item
- Linking ingredients and their recipes is color-coded in your build, so you can see what item you are working towards.
- You can save and load builds, giving them names.

Interested? I can send you a copy if you like. I wrote this for my own use, so it contains graphics that I "borrowed" from your website. I'm offering it up as a suggested functionality to the game. It would be great if such functionality was incorporated in to the game so you could pick a build in the pre-game screen and then the build shows up in the store.

If you're interested, contact me and tell me where to send it. You need .NET 3.5 to see it. (No download needed in Vista or Win 7 methinks)

Cheers,
Vichar.

prencher

10-29-2009

Looks slick, though WPF is a bit icky.

Why not release it to the general public though? Looks mighty handy.

Vichar

10-29-2009

I've been using it myself (obviously), and I do think it's very handy. I want to make sure it's all cool with Riot, however. It is, after all, their game and their item images. Who knows? Maybe they are already working on a version that they will incorporate in the client GUI (hint, hint), in which case my tool is no longer useful. Really I wanted to float this in front of them because I really want the feature in the game itself, and the best way to describe what I wanted was to write a prototype.

Vichar

10-30-2009

Giving myself a bump. No comment from Riot? I notice the little Riot tags next to threads and this forum (PvP.Net) does not get a lot of love. Maybe the UI designer for PvP.net is on vacation?

SamuraiPanda

11-04-2009

Ooo, mewants!

sartissian

11-05-2009

Looks nice to me. I hate sorting through the current interface looking for items. Being able to set up the recommended items in the pre-game area would be a nice way to pass the time and would save noobs like me time in game. /bump

MaverickXD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2009

I like this idea, being able to have have customized recommended items builds would be great. Since the default recommended items build are not always the same as the ones in the forums guide, which ppl seem to get most of their builds from. It would certainly beat trying to memorize the item list or having to repeatedly look over to the item list written on a piece of paper.

MarceRND

01-01-2010

Could you sent it to me?? my email is bastanterandom@gmail.com

It would be great to start experimenting different builds before entering a game and wasting precious time ina match.

feltoid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

would you mind sending me a copy @ Feltoid@gmail.com

Domainoft

01-02-2010

Great Idea, I will do what I can to help you get in touch with someone from Riot, If you decide to share this program "with riots permission" let me know as Id like a copy.