Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1413 93.45%
No 99 6.55%
Voters 1512 .

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peram

08-11-2011

Hmm gonna play my first game shortly. Only discrepancy I see; potions are allowed?

obvious necropost, but still good thread

Banelingmines

08-11-2011

Thanks for clearing it up, I just saw this today and had no idea what it was.

I don't know if I like the idea on the surface, but people seem to be raving about it so I might try it sometime

Lokust Phoenix

09-12-2011

I feel that rules should be updated to not allow vision wards. They are too powerful if you get stuck with a champ like Eve. In normals they are balanced by the fact that you just can't afford a ton of map coverage, but 3-5 can often cover the entire active playfield in ARAM.

shiredragon

09-12-2011

You need to add in description of 'base play'. By this I mean play that pertains to the 'stone' areas around the base. Most of the time, the rules of thumb I play with are as follows.

1. You can defend the side inhibitors, but not the side towers.
2. You can fountain once 'your' inhibitor is down. 99% of the time you are going to lose at this point, so no need to restrict things that make it reasonably competitive.
3. When assaulting, you can only go as far as the trees from lane. IE, you can get out of LoS and use the fog of war to your advantage, but you can't go 'out of lane'.
4. When assaulting, you can go anywhere inside the base but cannot assault the side towers or inhibitors.

That is kinda what I have seen overall. When someone does otherwise it tends to make the game one sided or frustrate teams for no good reason.

shiredragon

09-12-2011

Quote:
0vvnz:
Hmm gonna play my first game shortly. Only discrepancy I see; potions are allowed?

obvious necropost, but still good thread

All consumables are allowed.

diameters

10-14-2011

BIG QUESTION! Can i ward my base, and use summoner spell teleport to the ward? Im not Backing

Ebonclaw

10-14-2011

"Backing" is defined as any backward movement. You may WALK back to your fountain to heal after (or rather, WHILE) your Inhibitor is down, but you may never Recall, and the only other way you are allowed to enter your fountain, is while dead.

Some people ban Teleport just to make sure no one gets confused about how it may be used, but we just always tell people (if asked) that it's a terrible waste of a spell in All Mids.

basod

10-26-2011

Bump.

Jalian

11-07-2011

IMO stealth detections should be illegal. Since its ARAM you cant help if you get a stealth based champ selected... but you cant go anywhere to avoid the detection. so there goes your usefullness out the window. Teemo shrooms and shaco boxes just become farm for the other team. These items might be counters in real game, but they are always limited by where they are placed. The stealth character has no way of avoiding stealth detection by killing wards when no one is around or just ganking a different character, because its all limited to mid. It goes beyond simple countering, it makes the character useless.

Kingyarthur

12-10-2011

Quote:
shiredragon:
You need to add in description of 'base play'. By this I mean play that pertains to the 'stone' areas around the base. Most of the time, the rules of thumb I play with are as follows.

1. You can defend the side inhibitors, but not the side towers.
2. You can fountain once 'your' inhibitor is down. 99% of the time you are going to lose at this point, so no need to restrict things that make it reasonably competitive.
3. When assaulting, you can only go as far as the trees from lane. IE, you can get out of LoS and use the fog of war to your advantage, but you can't go 'out of lane'.
4. When assaulting, you can go anywhere inside the base but cannot assault the side towers or inhibitors.

That is kinda what I have seen overall. When someone does otherwise it tends to make the game one sided or frustrate teams for no good reason.

for #3

There definately needs to be some clarification to what LANE means when in base and inhib is down. I play aram alot and have for many months but for some reason today people started pushing the limits of "Fog of war" and the trees inside bases when defending their base.

Rule of thumb mid lane = path in which middle minions follow from one base to another.

someone Playing poppy would go around and hid behind the trees either in the upper lane or lower lane to sneak around our team if we pushed and take out one of our squishies.

To most people if you can't be seen from someone standing in the middle of the lane then you are no longer in the lane. Fog of war or not, there is a big difference between hiding around a small corner in the middle area in front of the grass and hiding behind the trees in a base...

for #4

Now when assaulting it should not be allowed to pull minions from other lanes intentionally. That is just like using a skill shot to pull wraiths which isn't allowed either...

(I've been watching assaulting teams sit at the entrance of the mid lane go over pull both of the other lanes minions and just farm them while holding back the defending team...)

also I don't know about anyone else but in the past few months I have not been in any ARAM game where GA has ever been allowed infact every single ARAM game I've been in from day one has never allowed GA sooo maybe new "Standard Rules for ARAM" need to be written.