Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1413 93.45%
No 99 6.55%
Voters 1512 .

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vizera

02-23-2011

Quote:
Gato Muerto:
I need clarification: Once you are in the opponent's base, attacking their nexus towers, what are the rules on killing the top and bottom towers? There are several steps to this:

1) Killing minion swarms that are intended for side lane defense.
2) Killing base/inhib tower that is being swarmed by your team's minions.
3) Killing side inhibs after defending tower is down.

You answered your own question, what about the middle lane is confusing?

That being said, I hate when people take fortify and then claim they wont use it, and then pop it a crucial moment so they can win....its a custom game. Lets try to play for fun shall we?

02-23-2011

Well, by the time you are at the nexus defending towers, you are going to be dealing with minions for all 3 lanes. If you stay there for any amount of time, your own minions are going to eventually just walk through the opponent's defending turrets. That is impossible to avoid.

What isn't impossible to avoid is "bleeding off" the minions from the bottom or top lanes, IE: distracting them with your own champion so they do not progress to fight your minions on those lanes. Gold is a valuable resource in ARAM, so is the act of intentionally distracting and destroying those minions considered cheating, cheap, farming, or just a result of bad defenders getting stomped?

In addition, you cannot kill the base/inhib turrets unless your minions have gotten all the way there in the first place.

Vizera

02-23-2011

Quote:
Gato Muerto:
Well, by the time you are at the nexus defending towers, you are going to be dealing with minions for all 3 lanes. If you stay there for any amount of time, your own minions are going to eventually just walk through the opponent's defending turrets. That is impossible to avoid.

What isn't impossible to avoid is "bleeding off" the minions from the bottom or top lanes, IE: distracting them with your own champion so they do not progress to fight your minions on those lanes. Gold is a valuable resource in ARAM, so is the act of intentionally distracting and destroying those minions considered cheating, cheap, farming, or just a result of bad defenders getting stomped?

In addition, you cannot kill the base/inhib turrets unless your minions have gotten all the way there in the first place.

If you are intentionally farming, last hitting, pushing side lanes, you are breaking the rules.

02-25-2011

Okay, I can get that. Now is it cheating for the -defenders- to retreat to the top or bottom minions during team fights in their own base? I have heard that it is "allowable" to defend top/bot inhibs if the defending tower is down.

Then again, maybe we just need a really large version of the tutorial map.

Palasit

03-19-2011

Bump!

Cowicula

03-19-2011

Since the recent buffs to minions, I've seen alot of hosts playing with the rule that you can defend inside the base (with the stairs as a boundary). This is because sometimes creeps can push the side lanes into the base before the middle gets pushed through. Because it is lame to lose simply because chance gave the opponent's creeps an advantage, people allow defense of the inhibitors on the sides, or even the turrets, simply so the game can focus on the middle play.

Amaterasuomikami

03-19-2011

Riot make this game mode official

NWing1018

03-19-2011

Ye adding in new game mode would be much more enjoyable than adding new heroes that many cant afford.....

Qwerty Nightmare

04-15-2011

See this link and vote
The Bridge map http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=617077

(add it to main report please)

OvidiuC

04-19-2011

so...you want to make this official because...i don't get it why.

You really think having random champs is good? I have played this mod and the fact that you get a random champion is bulls to be honest.
What can teemo/rammus/twich/mundo/udyr do vs Veigar/Sona/Brand/Yi/Alistar? It is just an example but are other ones which make a game of ARAM unbalanced from the start.
Another one would be all ranged vs all melee. First think of a GOOD and BALANCED game mode, then make a **** petition