Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1413 93.45%
No 99 6.55%
Voters 1512 .

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vinniemp24

12-09-2010

Quote:
PuffTMD:
Philosophers stone viable in this mode?

quite often people pick this item especially tanks. depends on the pace of the game, some games go for 50+ minutes with neither team early pushing towers poking excessively. basically look at team lineup and make your call.

generally i avoid the money over time in games but they do work if farmings not going well

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-14-2011

Few comments, it's not 'aram' if it isn't all random... >.> that's where draft mid comes into play.

Also, the main reason I disallow Fortify in any games I host, is that it can be used to prevent side lanes from pushing, thus changing the flow of the game in more ways than you should be able to.

Tekshi

01-14-2011

Never heard of Professional or Hardcore ARAM. Probably because those aren't actually played by professional or hardcore aram players and are just custom rules...

Whelp okay guide anyway, probably should include a tier list of ARAM champs (Tiers 100% exist in aram)

4chanPartyVan

01-14-2011

I feel riot needs to focus more on game modes like this and new maps rather than a new hero every week. I mean I know their main profit probably comes from making new heros and skins, but people will slowly get bored of this game if they do not release new content in the way of maps and game modes. I mean if they released a map and specific game mode for ARAM they would be a step ahead of their competitors in HoN ect. Just my two cents, up rate if you agree.

Ebonclaw

01-14-2011

Quote:
Tekshi:
Never heard of Professional or Hardcore ARAM. Probably because those aren't actually played by professional or hardcore aram players and are just custom rules...

Whelp okay guide anyway, probably should include a tier list of ARAM champs (Tiers 100% exist in aram)

This thread really needs to die. But so many knobs come in, read this guy's strange take on things, and then +1 him.

Zero400

01-14-2011

This could be easy to implement with the tutorial map and some sort or barriers behind the towers(one back from the tower last tower destroyed, not the tower youre fighting at)

Tekshi

01-14-2011

Actually this isn't really a guide as it is just a definition of Aram.

If the topic creator doesn't actually include strategies & tips i'll make my own.

Avenger Summoner

01-14-2011

This thread is over a year old. Its somewhat outdated from what I've seen in plenty of ARAMs recently. eg, GA has never been allowed in any ARAM I've been in, ever.

02-22-2011

I need clarification: Once you are in the opponent's base, attacking their nexus towers, what are the rules on killing the top and bottom towers? There are several steps to this:

1) Killing minion swarms that are intended for side lane defense.
2) Killing base/inhib tower that is being swarmed by your team's minions.
3) Killing side inhibs after defending tower is down.

Sprodj

Recruiter

02-22-2011

ARAM forever