Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1413 93.45%
No 99 6.55%
Voters 1512 .

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puntyer

11-27-2010

its not
ARAM is all random all mid
ADAM all draft all mid
and for blind pick would be

AM all mid lol =P

id like to see 3v3 aram but i cant figure out if all top or all bottom would be better

pro's would be less total towers 2 kill, shorter game and there are bushes right in the lane

would be fun 2 have 1 legal bush that would give players an defencive object to hold while the game goes on sounds fun 2 me

make it happen captin

Puntyer

11-27-2010

Quote:
Katorian:

One thing I would like though, is clarification on global ulties. Can a Gangplank cast Cannon Barrage on top lane for farming, for example? Can Pantheon use his ulti on the Nexus for an execution?

from what ive seen no plank shouldnt ult top lanes same as TF or panth not porting top or bottom aswell
if you wanna push top and bottom lanes push mid extra hard...

while your at the double tower nexus aoe the mobs as they spawn..... killing off the top and bottom creep waves will cause top and bot to push in with out anyone claiming your cheating...

frankly if your doing anything NOT in middle lane its cheating....

and if i was in a game and plank ulted top creeps and someone on
my team started to cheat because they thought it wasnt fair , id be hard pressed to disagree

sadly ive also seen people say useing panth or tf ult to port to a back tower to sucide is wrong i disagree with that aswell

its the one advantage those champs give...

it would be like saying ALL RANDOM NO HEALS sorry mundo you cant press R this game...

remeber you dont lose your kill streak if you die to a tower

so that 13 0 TF ports to your teams nexus and insta dies, when he respawns hes still worth a 1k bonus gold bounty it remains until a PLAYER kills him...

Mikeysax

12-07-2010

I went ahead and took the liberty of making a petition for this cause. Thanks and hopefully it comes to reality.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-aram-an-official-game-mode-in-league-of-legends/

PwnSword

12-08-2010

ok, so if my entire team takes teleport, we can all suicide anytime we want to shop...?

FailyMcSadPants

12-08-2010

So really, its a waste of time learning to succeed in the ACTUAL game, throwing out all strategy and trickery to mindlessly face roll a tower?

Noobs that play this, are the same ones that lock in EVE/SIVIR/KAT and feed in 5s.

Pro.

Inkstone

12-08-2010

A couple of notes on champion selection or items.

Champion selection: In general, the strongest ARAM teams have two factors going for them, healing and poking. Because you cannot go back to the fountain, champions will often be forced to stick around in fights while they're almost dead. A good healer can mitigate this factor. Similarly, the ability to deal damage to the enemy without putting yourself in harms way is an incredibly powerful factor. Long range stuns or pulls are good for grabbing people who overextend.

In general these are the strongest champs in ARAM (imho): Nidalee*, Gragas, Blitzcrank, Soraka, and Sona. Melee champions are generally at a disadvantage, while AoE's are a godsend.

Item Choices: Of course, you should go for items that fit standard builds; AP for mages, Armor if you're squishy etc, but there are a couple of things you should know. Firstly, auras are amazing. You are pretty much guarantee'd to get the full 5x effect for the entire game. It's not uncommon for mages invest their entire 475 into a mana manipulator to give their team an early edge. Secondly, mana. ARAM tends to be very spam-heavy, so keeping up your ability to poke is good. Finally, you don't get much gold, so go for cheap effective items.

Imho, these items are especially noteworthy in ARAM: Innervating Locket, Aegis of the Legion, and Soul Shroud

*If you are playing ADAM, for the love of god, ban nidalee or grab her first.

Relyks

12-08-2010

When ive played this mode (weather it be in DOTA or LOL) you are allowed to walk to base for heal if your team's inhibitor is down.

Ebonclaw

12-08-2010

I've been playing a LOT of ARAM, and I've played in a grand total of 1 match (note that most of them were stated as 'standard' rules at some point or other) that allowed GA.

No one allows snowballs.

No one allows Fort.

I hardly can imagine anyone allowing Fort. Unless there is a glaring discrepancy between team makeups, or team skill level, then on the rare occasion that most of one team is dead, the Fort shuts down any chance at ever doing any damage to the turret. Just seems kind of wacky to me - these banned components are banned because their function works directly against what makes ARAM fun (and not impossibly one sided, or excruciatingly tedius).

Yellow Jester

12-08-2010

Needs the following things:

Is the champion: Janna Allowed?

Hell no.

PuffTMD

12-09-2010

Philosophers stone viable in this mode?