Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1,403 93.53%
No 97 6.47%
Voters: 1500. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-08-2010

love this type, play it all the time. Can't wait to see more types appear over time :3

daBo0m

09-08-2010

Ranked A.R.A.M ftw ^^

AzereusManator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

I quitted LoL a few weeks ago. I spent like 200 dollars in the game. I come to realize that RIOT does not read community posts.

I come back just to play this in Practice mode. And its fantastic.
A map with only 1 lane is so easy to do..
Disabling recall is so easy..
And disabling items for that specific mode is even easier.

But again.. this will never happens, riot is giving a brain storming of champions that uses combination of others champions spells, nothing new.
No new maps, no new modes, no anti leaver or anything, just champions.

So i wonder when are we going to have normal A.R.A.M modes? Ever?
I use to play with 6 friends, they all left for the same reason, the new content of the game is champions. And we have no support, i have i think 0 or 1 leave... never left a game. I sure deserve a new game mode. and so every1 in this community that does not troll.

back in topic. The rules a correct and we should create a chat channel called ARAM so that people that doesnt leave play together.

Zielmann

11-24-2010

I'm an advocate for banning the GA, myself. Your argument that Veil is allowed therefore GA should be allowed doesn't make sense to me. In ARAM, your veil will get taken off nearly as fast as it goes up if you have a halfway decent poking team.

And Veil blocks just one spell. GA blocks one death. The latter is a much greater benefit in ARAM than the former. A spell's CD is back up in a matter of seconds. But it takes so much longer to harass a champ down to where they can be killed.

Alas, I'd be curious if the OP has changed his ruling on the GA since the thread started. I will say that back then, games where GA was banned were less common. I never banned it myself, until I ran into a few groups of people that wanted it banned. Now, it seems like a common default rule to ban the GA.

mailleman

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Interesting...

Unfortunately, knowing the LoL community, the only way to actually play this mode competitively would be if Riot made it an actual mode.
Honestly it wouldn't be a bad idea. Riot has started making new maps so maybe they can make a single lane but include all champions. I'de love to try an official ARAM match.

Mr Zafrada

11-24-2010

Very nice guide.

Thanks.

4kk1

11-25-2010

Good guide! +1

Puntyer

11-25-2010

everything was decent but ya left out that revive an teleport are normally baned aswell...

tele and revive are kinda OP more so then fort imho it takes away from other team pushing after they wina fight....

as the game goes longer and longer revive gets more and more OP

and teleport is OP cause lets say your pushing them, when you die the run all the way acrost the map to there side of the board is like 20 seconds of travel time you gain by porting back to there side of the map.. 2 guys in game have ults that teleport leave it as a unique ability for panth and TF

maybe you dont see why those 2 are also baned and hopefully you wont have a game were the OT takes them.
if you doubt there power try eather of them in your next game that doesnt ban them and by the end of game you will see why we ban them

the rules macro i use alot is

" No brush b jungle running back, No snowballing items no GA no teleport fortify revive, or general ****** baggery"

and sweet god plz dont let them make ranked ARAM, i dont want the tryhards playing this mode, those guys cheat to win always every time..

what we need is a way to prompt a entire game with a vote to kick someone make it take 6 votes

most of the time the team who has a cheater on it, rages just as hard as the team being cheated against....

GL and enjoy the single lane pwnage
-Punt

Beravin

11-26-2010

Recently started playing this mode, and bugger me it is so much fun. I've found it an excellent way of letting off steam, generally having fun, but most of all - learning new champions. I found a liking of Cho'Gath and Pantheon this way.

Your guide was excellent. My friends showed it to me when we started playing the mode, and we generally copy and paste the rules, even if we aint the host. Most people apreciate it, and it helps keep the game clean and fair.

One thing I would like though, is clarification on global ulties. Can a Gangplank cast Cannon Barrage on top lane for farming, for example? Can Pantheon use his ulti on the Nexus for an execution?

Someone had a brilliant idea of making the tutorial map the official ARAM map. What an excellent suggestion! With a few changes it would be awesome. Make it happen Riot!

Also agree with another poster, Guardian Angel is way to strong in this mode.

ROOFonFIRE

11-26-2010

Why is it still called ARAM when in the later 2 modes you cant pick random champions :|

1234567 ... 13