Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1413 93.45%
No 99 6.55%
Voters 1512 .

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KratozAurion

12-12-2011

instead of making aram another game mode, riot could simply enable the training grounds map, to avoid cheaters, or riot could do both, making the training grounds available AND, like dominion, disable items, in this case; snowball items

Sarindanas

12-13-2011

why are only 30s allowed in most games?

Master Dim Sum

12-19-2011

What about running back to summoner circle (not recalling).

Sarise

12-20-2011

Quote:
Sarindanas:
why are only 30s allowed in most games?

Anyone under summoner lvl 10 is possibly a smurf account, and as such will only own the champions they are good with (not a large selection like most lvl 30 summoners). In the mid range summoner levels is all about the rune level differences (I think). Hence why people prefer 30s - wide champion selection, making it more fair, and similar runes.

Mugenman88

12-28-2011

Bump so new guys can learn rules (like me!)

Thrawn200

12-29-2011

Quote:
Master Dim Sum:
What about running back to summoner circle (not recalling).

Also not allowed, still counts as backing.

Some people will tell you this is ok to do after your ihib is down, these people are wrong but they will argue for it no matter what you say.

Kingyarthur

12-31-2011

Quote:
Saribabe:
Anyone under summoner lvl 10 is possibly a smurf account, and as such will only own the champions they are good with (not a large selection like most lvl 30 summoners). In the mid range summoner levels is all about the rune level differences (I think). Hence why people prefer 30s - wide champion selection, making it more fair, and similar runes.

Hit the nail on the head, anyone lower level will have limited champions for the Random to select from and usually someones smurf account where they only have the champions they are really good with.

Also someone who is a fresh 30 or is even in their mid 20's will not have the RUNE selection that veteran level 30's would have making it extremely unfair for the team who has the lower level person.

Some people say runes don't make a difference, if you think they don't make a difference then take off your rune page and try playing vs people with full tier 3 runes....

Crazyflames

02-06-2012

Is promote banned? Just wondering how strong it is on ARAM now that fortify is gone.

Blaziruku

02-06-2012

I always wanted to try this mode, but refrained because of map imbalance.

For some reason, blue minions ALWAYS destroy turrets before purple (every custom game i have played so far, midding against my bud so there are no bots or tops) the blue minoins will destroy the purple tower, then almost push the second tower before being pushed. This causes some earlygame imbalance imo, so is there a fix for it?

Secondly, are the snowballing items only the leviathan, occult, and mejais?

littlspinachboy

02-09-2012

I am very interested in playing ARAM, but I do not know how to join one or how to organize one. Is the only option to make a custom game and invite my friends?