@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retsopmi

11-19-2012

Urgot is now and always will be my fav champ. Playing him reminds me of watching Dune.

TenDz

11-20-2012

bump

FordTheWin

11-21-2012

This is a rant about making Urgot's Q proc on-hit effects in S3. IT will be bloody epic with the new items and armor penetration set-up.

Quote:
Yeah, sorry about this one guys. This was 100% my fault.

We intend for Urgot to be a tanky mid-range anti-carry. The long range / harass nerfs work to do that while the Q damage nerf actually does the opposite (forces him to build squishy).

Overall we did intend to nerf Urgot and at the same time address playing against frustrations as much as possible. What was not intended was to completely change his playstyle and remove his unique team role / purpose.

Next patch we will be reverting the damage changes to Urgot's Q.
This quote is from Statikk, a rioter who had a considerable part in Urgots balance changes.
He says that he intends for Urgot to be a tanky mid-range anti-carry.
Anti-carries (bruiser/assassins) often build tri-force as it suits their good base stats and gives them a variety of stats that increase their burst, sustained damage and utility.
This gives them great damage and utility in one item, meaning that they can buy tanky items to turn them into the "bruiser" type.

Bruisers have abilities and base stats that have great synergy with items, making them deal good damage while still being tanky.

If Urgot is going to become a "tanky, mid-range anti-carry (bruiser)" he needs some extra synergy with damage items.

MAKE Q PROC ON-HIT EFFECTS

BLACK CLEAVER VIABLE
BLOODTHIRSTER VIABLE
TRINITY FORCE VIABLE
RED BUFF VIABLE
FROZEN MALLET VIABLE
WITS END VIABLE (kinda)
MADREDS VIABLE (kinda)
MALADY .... JKS
WRIGGLES LANTERN JUNGLEGOT VIABLE??????
EXECUTIONERS CALLING URGOT VIABLE (kinda)
TROLL TIAMAT URGOT VIABLE
ALL THIS FROM MAKING Q PROC ON-HIT EFFECTS AND IT MAINLY AFFECTS HIS MID AND LATE GAME WHICH ARE LESS THAN SPECTACULAR
WHEN URGOT DOES DECENT DAMAGE MID AND LATE GAME, HE CAN AFFORD TO BUILD TANKY AND STILL BE AN "ANTI-CARRY"

I did all that with shift, not caps.

MAKE URGOT VIABLE

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTheWin View Post
BLACK CLEAVER VIABLE
You must not be keeping up. They're making Black Cleaver work on abilities which deal physical damage in S3.

Also, if it's all the same, I'd rather Urgot not become a mid-range anything, thanks.

TheLastBaron88

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
You must not be keeping up. They're making Black Cleaver work on abilities which deal physical damage in S3.

Also, if it's all the same, I'd rather Urgot not become a mid-range anything, thanks.
Agreed. I could understand tanking from mid range using his Passive, but it would require a better AP ratio on his Terror Capacitor, I think. Still like the idea of giving his Corrosive Charge a solid AP ratio (maybe even a healing debuff) and buffing Acid Hunter's AD scaling. Artillery Urgot builds AD and there is much rejoicing. Tanky Urgot builds AP, health, and resistances, and there is again much rejoicing. Corrosive Charge would need to scale AP in order for AP to be worth investing in, just for the farming/wave clear and SOME damage output.

TenDz

11-22-2012

bump

TheLastBaron88

11-23-2012

Bump for Urgot's Eternal Fury (and Endless Suffering)!

TenDz

11-23-2012

bumpity

TenDz

11-25-2012

Bump

KevinDelMarr

11-26-2012

I think it would help if Morello, or even the community defined on what Urgot's role should be, since he doesn't have much in terms of tankiness or damage. His Utility is there, but he doesn't bring enough to the table in other areas to make him scary to the enemy team, he can swap positions with a vital Champion, which is good, but outside of the initial swap there is nothing too threatening about Urgot. Late game has always been an issue with Urgot, something needs to ease him off his early game dominance and moved onto late game, kit changes seem to be in order

Having two of his core items buffed (Brut-> BC, Manamune evolve) will help him, and I'm continuing testing on PBE. It's tough getting needed changes