@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeunchainn

11-18-2012

I feel his Q cost too much mana compared to ez Q.
I was trading with an ez and he outdamaged me and I ran out of mana faster than him.

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Ezreal has a scaling mana cost (28-40) while Urgot's is fixed at 40 across all ranks. His cooldown also scales from 6-4 seconds while Urgot's remains fixed at 2. The base damage of both skills is comparable, although Ezreal does get 1:1 AD scaling to Urgot's 0.85:1.

In summary, yeah, it costs too much... but only because it starts out at what a champion like Ezreal is expected to be paying at level 9 and doesn't change from there. It's just another limiter on Urgot's early game domination that isn't likely to change until he's no longer capable of doing anything he formerly excelled at.

TenDz

11-18-2012

Bump

Sporadic P0tato

11-18-2012

I'm confused by this talk about how naturally tanky Urgot is. When compared to other bruisers/fighters, his base tanky stats are lower across the board. Just did a quick comparison of his stats to Udyr, Wukong, Yorick, Xin, Riven, Sion, and Trundle. His base stats and gains per level are lower in almost every single tanky stat than all of these champs. His health regen is one of the worst in the game. His MS is 10-15 slower than every single one of them. He's the only one that I even know of that still doesn't gain MR per level.

So what is this "Urgot is naturally tanky" talk coming from anyway? Is this just a giant misconception or am I insane?

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic P0tato View Post
I'm confused by this talk about how naturally tanky Urgot is. When compared to other bruisers/fighters, his base tanky stats are lower across the board. Just did a quick comparison of his stats to Udyr, Wukong, Yorick, Xin, Riven, Sion, and Trundle. His base stats and gains per level are lower in almost every single tanky stat than all of these champs. His health regen is one of the worst in the game. His MS is 10-15 slower than every single one of them. He's the only one that I even know of that still doesn't gain MR per level.

So what is this "Urgot is naturally tanky" talk coming from anyway? Is this just a giant misconception or am I insane?
Hell if I know. My best guess is that it involves his passive and its 15% outgoing damage reduction debuff, but in a straight-up fight against a real carry, their steroid skills are going to make a much greater difference than his passive will, given how he has no steroids of his own to use.

I mean, the only other reason Urgots end up tanky is because Frozen Heart is an ideal item to build on him with no real damage-based alternatives, but that's not a "natural" advantage so much as an item he will invariably purchase early in the game.

Sporadic P0tato

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
Hell if I know. My best guess is that it involves his passive and its 15% outgoing damage reduction debuff, but in a straight-up fight against a real carry, their steroid skills are going to make a much greater difference than his passive will, given how he has no steroids of his own to use.

I mean, the only other reason Urgots end up tanky is because Frozen Heart is an ideal item to build on him with no real damage-based alternatives, but that's not a "natural" advantage so much as an item he will invariably purchase early in the game.
Yeah I don't get it :\

The only, ONLY thing that I can think of, is people look at his shield and say "oh he has a shield, he's naturally tanky". But again, to compare it to other shields, like say Riven. Urgot max W shields for 280, has a CD of 12 seconds, and scales off of AP (lol). Riven gives 180, which true enough is 100 less than Urgot. But her shield only has a CD of 6 seconds, meaning she casts it twice for every once Urgot does, meaning her shield in compared to Urgot is effective 360; 80 more. Oh, and her's gives her a dash, AND gives a full one for one scaling with bonus AD for some reason. Oh and it doesn't cost her mana. EL OH EL

Ganelon

11-19-2012

Looks like it's that time again. Bump.

Greenlee19

11-19-2012

Urgot is ugly and we need to kill him with fire

Ganelon

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee19 View Post
Urgot is ugly and we need to kill him with fire
He's already been killed twice - once by Garen and a second time by Riot. Give the poor guy a break.

DaMiTzNhan

11-19-2012

GOTTA LOVE THOSE MONSTER CHAMPIONS.
SAY THEY'RE BAD THEN MAKE A NEW ONE.

LLLLLLLLLLOL TAKE MY MONEY RlOT
RIOT PLS
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡)