@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpixAura

10-30-2012

I HATE HATE HATE laning against Urgot, even after the nerf, but he really does need buffs. He's a really unique champion who fills in his own special niche, but now he can't even do that.

TheLastBaron88

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpixAura View Post
I HATE HATE HATE laning against Urgot, even after the nerf, but he really does need buffs. He's a really unique champion who fills in his own special niche, but now he can't even do that.
That is very mature of you. Most who dislike laning against a champ, but don't or can't play them themselves, just QQ on GD about it. +1

Nidoking

11-02-2012

bump

TenDz

11-02-2012

bumpity

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

I've been slacking. Bump.

TheLastBaron88

11-09-2012

I am kind of worried what Riot plans to do with Urgot. I mean, they are talking about essentially reworking him, so what if he is not able to do the things he once was? Will Urgot still play like Urgot, or something else that is less enjoyable and unique?

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

The blanket statement of "It'll be better in Season 3" hardly inspires much confidence, huh? Especially when, like myself, you're familiar with Riot's stance on Urgot in the past. I can't recall a single instance of a developer talking about how they thought Urgot was "in a good place" since his initial release. It's always been something about how they aren't happy with his kit or how he's not fun to play against. The only conclusion I can draw here is that the people at Riot think they know what I enjoy better than I do, or they're catering to an unspoken majority that has ideals directly opposed to my own.

Anyone remember this quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yeah, sorry about this one guys. This was 100% my fault.

We intend for Urgot to be a tanky mid-range anti-carry. The long range / harass nerfs work to do that while the Q damage nerf actually does the opposite (forces him to build squishy).

Overall we did intend to nerf Urgot and at the same time address playing against frustrations as much as possible. What was not intended was to completely change his playstyle and remove his unique team role / purpose.

Next patch we will be reverting the damage changes to Urgot's Q.
Who here legitimately wants this? For Urgot to be just a "tanky mid-range anti-carry"? I certainly don't, and I quit the game over having my choice in the matter taken away from me for no reason other than because it wasn't the way Riot said I should play him. There was no mention of it being too effective or too easy, the only problem was apparently that getting hit by Acid Hunters wasn't fun. Because the anti-carry was actually good at his one and only job.

You know what else isn't fun? Being unable to hit people with Acid Hunters after they retreat behind any kind of serious obstacle, when the ability was and continues to be the only reason anyone would choose to play Urgot in the first place. I want to see these players - that is, anyone who doesn't belong to Riot's design team who still wishes to play as Urgot - who would rather his tanking abilities be buffed instead of the range on Acid Hunter being returned. I don't think they represent the overwhelming majority that these decisions seem to be based on. If people like that exist they should be invested in this thread, right? Let's hear from them.

Ganelon

11-09-2012

GD's looking busy today. Second page in under 5 minutes.

ConjurerOfLight

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Riot has to change the urgot ult back

Seriously atm you literally have to be in the frontlines in order to just get switched into the middle of the enemy team

Ganelon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConjurerOfLight View Post
Riot has to change the urgot ult back

Seriously atm you literally have to be in the frontlines in order to just get switched into the middle of the enemy team
Do you consider this more or less important than Acid Hunter's lock on range?

I'd actually like an answer to that (and the shield strength vs. acid hunter range) from everyone, if possible. Riot might not be listening, but I still care whether or not they're right in assuming that most Urgot players care more about his tankiness than his range. Or, if you prefer, I've been forced to care because it's looking increasingly likely that they're going to polarize his kit one way or the other and never look back.