@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nidoking

10-28-2012

bump

Nidoking

10-29-2012

bump

DoNtWaNaHeArIt

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Passive= OK
Q= OK
W= Needs more base shield
E= Buff the dmg a bit, lower the range
R= Add a small buff to his ult where when you ult and appear around your enemies, you release a small dmg/cc (poison mist/missles/etc.)

DONE URGOT FIXED

TheLastBaron88

10-29-2012

Adding an AoE DoT on Ult? Well, it would make teleporting into the middle of the other team a bit more disruptive, and a little less like trading your life to feed one of their squishies to the woleves. Only a little less, though.

TenDz

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNtWaNaHeArIt View Post
Passive= OK
Q= OK
R= Add a small buff to his ult where when you ult and appear around your enemies, you release a small dmg/cc (poison mist/missles/etc.)

DONE URGOT FIXED

ok with all of this, except his e. its already hard enough to land that thing without exposing yourself.

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNtWaNaHeArIt View Post
Passive= OK
Q= OK

DONE URGOT FIXED
There is nothing "OK" about cutting off 300 units of range on Urgot's best ability throughout the entire course of the game. There are multiple ways to play him and your solution only addresses one of them.

Dark Sativa

10-30-2012

I love Urgot being a tanky ranged bruiser/ initiator/ anti-carry.

Make his shield scale with AD and I think that would be all the fixing he needs with a little more itemization.

TheLastBaron88

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesbane View Post
I love Urgot being a tanky ranged bruiser/ initiator/ anti-carry.

Make his shield scale with AD and I think that would be all the fixing he needs with a little more itemization.
Making all of his abilities scale with AD might be why he is nerfed as hard as he is, to be honest. It would mean you could build offense and defense by buying the same item, instead of having to compromise any kind of damage for survivability.
A lot of his hardest nerfs I think came after they changed the scaling of his Corrosive Charge from AP to AD, after which they nerfed the damage scaling for both, which any nerf to Urgots Acid Hunter is a net nerf to his damage output. By having corrosive charge scale with AP again, and favorably at that, you can allow tank-focusing Urgots a means of wave clearing to make up for the gold they might not be getting from kills. Not to mention allowing Acid Hunter to scale very well with AD for anyone looking to force a carry out of lane.
I feel like Urgot could use more of his range back, since that was what gave him most of his unique playstyle, his ability to out-harass the enemy, as long as they didn't dodge his skillshot. His ult I think is much weaker with the range nerf as well. I do kinda like the idea of it releasing a toxic Damage over Time cloud after he teleports in though. Generally his ult seems to result in a 1 for 1 trade nearly every time, as he becomes a big Urgot Pinata.

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Urgot's Corrosive Charge hardly scales. 0.6 bonus AD throughout its entire 5 second duration? You couldn't make that effective no matter how you built him, and I'm all but certain that the original AP scaling was more viable for a significant damage dealing ability back when he came out. Even if I'm wrong, it has never been worth building stats around. That doesn't even bother me much, simply because it gives the ability a clearly defined purpose - enabling target locks with Acid Hunter rather than passive farming.

...Not that I would object to it becoming an effective farming tool, but I prefer using it to own my lane rather than kill minions while hiding behind a tower. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing Urgot would do.

Still, I'll say this as many times as I have to - let people choose between bruiser and straight AD builds. Don't condemn one just to "fix" the other, make them mutually exclusive instead. Putting an AD ratio on Terror Capacitor does nothing except give more power to both sides simultaneously, and in a way that only one even finds desirable. Changing up the ultimate to be an AoE is a much better suggestion because it doesn't meaningfully impact Urgot's ranged side at all unless he's feeling like a suicide bomber. That means it can be balanced around having tank items rather than a Manamune and three Bloodthirsters - at least to a point where it remains useful without becoming broken elsewhere.

TheLastBaron88

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
Urgot's Corrosive Charge hardly scales. 0.6 bonus AD throughout its entire 5 second duration? You couldn't make that effective no matter how you built him, and I'm all but certain that the original AP scaling was more viable for a significant damage dealing ability back when he came out. Even if I'm wrong, it has never been worth building stats around. That doesn't even bother me much, simply because it gives the ability a clearly defined purpose - enabling target locks with Acid Hunter rather than passive farming.

...Not that I would object to it becoming an effective farming tool, but I prefer using it to own my lane rather than kill minions while hiding behind a tower. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing Urgot would do.

Still, I'll say this as many times as I have to - let people choose between bruiser and straight AD builds. Don't condemn one just to "fix" the other, make them mutually exclusive instead. Putting an AD ratio on Terror Capacitor does nothing except give more power to both sides simultaneously, and in a way that only one even finds desirable.
That's what I'm saying, I checked his patch history, and they nerfed the AD scaling on his Acid Hunter, which IS his primary damage-dealer, when they changed the scaling of Corrosive Charge to AD. And they didn't give it good AD scaling either, lol. What I mean to say is, Riot obviously doesn't want to reward Urgot on every front for just building AD.
Reverting Corrosive charge to scale with AP again, but with better scaling, would allow Acid Hunter to have better AD scaling AND still be fair, while still allowing fans of Tanky Urgot a form of decent harass, even if it isn't as powerful as AD Acid Hunter. Not to mention the strength of a solid wave clear, even if the CD is a bit high. That is a big part of lane control if you want to Urgot Mid, which I hear used to be very popular.
Both builds could benefit from this revision, while itemization could remain mutually exclusive. I really like the suggestion of adding AoE DoT to his Ult, as it doesn't seem scary enough as it stands. It is more like an extra-long-cooldown nuisance that results in suicide for Urgot, especially with the range nerf. Range for all of his abilities could do to be buffed, it is an essential part of what Urgot does.
Still a proponent of having the Range of his abilites Scale as you level them, so he can be a bigger part of teamfights without dominating his lane effortlessly.