@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Youl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's a bigger project, specific suggestions really don't help a lot in this sense because we'll be changing things up a bit - making the current stuff invalid in some cases.
morello plz dont change his playstyle, hes by far the funniest champion (when hes not trash tier) youl make ironstylus cry if hes a different champ ಥ_ಥ

Etonio

10-26-2012

i really want urgot to be viable plz fix riot

TheLastBaron88

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
I think the problem was a matter of item availability. None of the common bruiser items like Triforce are really effective on Urgot unless you play him like a melee champion, and taking away his base AD scaling probably made it too difficult to deal damage without building for it. Maw of Malmortius is only one item, and beyond that and Frozen Heart, there really isn't anything left for a tanky Urgot to build. You can start going into damage then, but the point in the game where your damage will actually be effective will have long since passed you by, and even competing with other bruisers will make you look pretty useless on that front.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter to me. I acknowledge that some people like to build Urgot that way and that Riot feels a need to accommodate them, but I do not. I play Urgot for his long range sustained damage, and I wouldn't think twice if his viability as a bruiser was permanently scrapped. It would be nice if more champions had multiple effective styles, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the ones I don't intend to use. You'll have to ask someone else if you want any real detail on the subject of bruiser Urgot.
Maybe Urgot could use some of the same love Riot has shown Garen. He can be built for absurd damage with his Q and E, or he can build incredibly tanky with his W passive, or anywhere in between. The new Pillager could do quite a bit for Urgot I think, since it was never viable to build brutalizer into a Youmuus on him.
Actually, while I am thinking about it. Urgot's Acid Hunter scales with AD. His Terror Capacitor, which is his main tanking ability, scales with AP. Corrosive Charge used to scale AP, but now scales AD with a lower ratio. If it were changed to a high AP ratio, he could get some good damage and wave clearing as well as tanking power by building AP with his health and resistances. Do you think that would be a step in the right direction? Then it might be less of a problem for his Acid Hunter to get great AD scaling.

danksinator

10-26-2012

pls bring back urgot. he's my favorite ADC :'(

TenDz

10-27-2012

shameless bump

Nidoking

10-27-2012

bump for urgot

Firefox711

10-27-2012

Bump for the most sexiest champ in the League

I still love Urgot's kit design and playstyle. I haven't picked him up much after the nerf range on his ult, but maybe I should try and play him more. Though, one things for sure, I never really knew how to build Urgot, into mid game or late game. I seem to always do well early game with him, but after that I'm sort of lost with how to build him. Maybe with the new itemization in S3, we will see better itemization for Urgot? I've heard there some good items for him already in the new TT map.

Anyway, I'm glad he's being looked into. Urgot is still one of my favorite champs to play against ad carries

Dezimate

10-27-2012

Need a Brogot skin.

Shots beer cans for Corrosive Charge and 40oz for acid hunters.

Nidoking

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezimate View Post
Need a Brogot skin.

Shots beer cans for Corrosive Charge and 40oz for acid hunters.
omg yes!!

Nidoking

10-28-2012

bump