@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
My thought here is that we overnerfed Urgot, but he also lacks counter-play for being such a unique kit otherwise. It makes it so if he's really good, he just poops on the game a bit, but he is pretty fun and distinct.

After Season 3, FeralPony is gonna look at some ways we can fix this under the hood - along with new itemization that makes sense for him. Not a full rework, but some smart changes that make him a bit more healthy as a character (and therefore lets us more sensibly balance him).
After SEASON 3?????

Wat

KevinDelMarr

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbyr View Post
You do mean 2, right?
Wouldn't want to have to wait a whole season now do we

Zerglinator

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Wouldn't want to have to wait a whole season now do we
ETERNAL LlFE...ENDLESS TORTURE

PDiddy

10-19-2012

Hes my fav ad caster. I can hear all his sound effects in my head while i type this. Battlecast ftw!

Carnack

10-19-2012

I like his gameplay though. >.<

He's my most fave champ ever.

GhostStalker

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's a bigger project, specific suggestions really don't help a lot in this sense because we'll be changing things up a bit - making the current stuff invalid in some cases.
Why did urgot go untouched for so long, and then suddenly nerf? I was in love with my urgot, bought the skin and everything. And then a month later (or something along those lines) BOOM! Nerfs up the wazoo. And I stopped playing him. Urgot had plenty of weaknesses. You just couldn't send Support/ADC Bot and give all your CS to your ADC. I've found out that against urgot, you have to send A Mage with CC + an ADC. That CC really screws urgots lanning, and with his shield being nerfed, can't really tank through the damage like he could (and you cant use the shield while CCed anyway).

Urgot just can't deal with CC that early in a lane. But I feel like you only nerfed urgot so that you could continue the same playstyle of ADC bot, and support bot, which quite frankly doesn't work against urgot.

Viktor/Varus bot is actually an extremely mean combo that rips into Urgot and his laning support partner.

theGagne

10-19-2012

I know you said you're not looking for suggestions, and I know you're super smart and probably already have a good plan, but I can't resist.

Option A) Increase his short range damage reliability by making E faster or bigger AOE so it's less easily dodged
Option B) Go back to tank mode Urgot
Option C) Go back to long-range mode Urgot
Option D) Make new Urgot?
Option E) Keep nerfed near useless Urgot

Ganelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGagne View Post
I know you said you're not looking for suggestions, and I know you're super smart and probably already have a good plan, but I can't resist.

Option A) Increase his short range damage reliability by making E faster or bigger AOE so it's less easily dodged
Option B) Go back to tank mode Urgot
Option C) Go back to long-range mode Urgot
Option D) Make new Urgot?
Option E) Keep nerfed near useless Urgot
As I mentioned, options B and C aren't mutually exclusive. Tie his range scaling to Corrosive Charge and his defensive scaling to Terror Capacitor and every player will spend their first 14 levels committed to one of those two strategies, but never both until the end-game rolls around and your itemization will have overtaken the effects of dropping ranks into your skills for the purposes of dealing or surviving damage.

New items and a new season alone won't undo what's been done to his abilities. I can only hope that the balancing team realizes this, or I'm going to be waiting a very long time before I feel like playing again.

TenDz

10-20-2012

Bump

XNinjaFuHiya

10-20-2012

@Morello, can you update Trundle's animation delays on his Q and W too? :/ I'm pretty sure he's only underplayed because of that and how he is abit outclassed by today's champions. Sorry for offtopic post.