@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shopkeeper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

It's really painful to play Urgot with the 300 range nerf on the Q. While the ult range, ult steroid, shield strength, E cooldown, and Q base change were potent nerfs that took a toll on Urgot's power, the Q range is the hardest to work around. Is there any hope of gaining some of the range back, say 150-200 of it? 300 range is a very, very large amount of distance to remove from a skill (this isn't in the leagues of semi-global ultimates)

Also, I do agree with the points mentioned last page. The crosshair marker shown to enemy champions would be a great way to convey what is happening, and what they can do about it. Maybe have it change colors with distance, or add a static-like effect to the crosshair with distance, showing that the homing is getting weaker?

Anthralor

09-26-2012

Does anyone lane urgot top? I feel like he might fit in a role other than adc, since he only loosely fit there to start (as far as item builds).

DreMLoK

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
soon (tm)

DreMLoK

09-26-2012

btw urgot is the new troll pick

9hours

09-26-2012

He needs range back more than anything. If he doesn't greatly exceed the range of the other carries then there's no reason to pick him, since he doesn't do anywhere near their damage, he needs to expend mana to do so, and he can miss. His rank 1 ult doesn't really do anything at 550 range other than suppress them for a bit. Ability ranges are inherently about 100 shorter than auto ranges since they're measured from the center of the champion, so you're really going into like 450 auto range just to ult them, and since you're suppressed for just as long, you don't really get any damage out of it.

Rebel Scum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Thanks for the bumps and what not guys. Its great to see refreshed interest and talk in a champion that only a Red can give

ALLIIAN

09-26-2012

bump for the bumped thread of the year award

Predakhan

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreMLoK View Post
btw urgot is the new troll pick
Unfortunately this is how some people think. I was told I couldn't be Urgot in a NORMAL because he wasnt a real adc. WTF

ALLIIAN

09-26-2012

bump again

Rebel Scum

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
bump for the bumped thread of the year award
bumped thread of the year, ****a you dont even know. 80% of all posts in this entire thread are mine -_-