@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rwlnd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

waiting....

IckyArkman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjdkajdlkfj View Post
Honestly I feel he is in an all right place. Ten or so games post nerfs I still beat every combination of ranged carry + support, just couldn't cheaply siege them at turret and keep the E debuff permanent. But was still as tough a bully as ever if you tried to engage in my range.

I wouldn't mind some buffs or QoL changes at all but there really isn't anything you can do to increase how much he is played, we urgot players are few and far inbetween.
Same for us Trundle/Poppy players

crzymdscntst

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Zaun-touched Bolt Augmenter: (Innate): Urgot's autoattacks and Acid Hunter reduce all damage that his target deals by 15% for 2.5 seconds.
Maybe I'm just recalling it wrong, there was a certain effect that Q's didn't apply. I think at one point the passive didn't apply on Q's or something... that or my brain went all mental and stuff.

IckyArkman

09-26-2012

Q doesnt apply on hit affects sadly

Ganelon

09-26-2012

I have to say that the biggest part which offended me about his latest nerfs - and I can't think of a word more appropriate than offended, given the circumstances - was how Riot took his range away and gave nothing back. When I saw the scaling changes on Acid Hunter, I was actually happy because the break-even point of 160 AD was so easily achievable with a Manamune and Bloodthirster that I would likely end up doing more damage simply by obtaining both of those items before level 18, than I ever would have previously. And it was only going to get better from there.

Then, I saw that they nerfed Acid Hunter's range with no justification whatsoever (unless I missed it, in which case I apologize, but all official responses I could find were talk about how he was too effective when ignoring damage items), and then proceeded to revert his scaling and keep the range nerfs.

1500 range is still a lot, but given how his hilariously long range and consistent damage output therein is the one aspect that defines him as a champion, I've since stopped playing him (and the game) completely, because I can't bring myself to believe that this won't happen to another champion I like with just as little warning or explanation.

Just in case you actually read this, Morello, I do have one nagging question even if it's the only one I get to have answered. Did you guys even consider making the range on Acid Hunter scale up with level to the old 1800?

Mechakaiser

09-26-2012

There are more than a few of us who love to play Urgot, I hope something is done about his acid hunter range, it's too short on auto-lock. And I wish his ult had scaling range as he leveled it or something

Raptamei

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
Every champion that doesn't fit flawlessly into one of the five roles gets nerfed to trash tier (Twitch, Heimer, now Urgot). This is not an accident.

Phobos89

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feladorzor View Post
Analysis: Urgot.

- Ranged AD Combo-Caster with easy-to-avoid skillshots.
- Minimal Damage output in return for difficulty.
- Low range on all skills and AA.
- Despite being squishy, he requires to be relatively close to targets.

Urgot pretty much has to stay in the same range as Caitlyn just to land his E. If that misses well goodbye urgot, ur now so close that you can be engaged upon, yet you dont have the damage, range or survivability to compete with other ad's. Same goes for Mid and Top lane, Urgot used to be viable there, now he isn't.
+1.

He's got a complete niche skillset. Doesn't fit well in the meta, so metasheep typically avoid him. Unless Riot is considering another AD Caster, he seems like an experiment gone awry.
Granted, he used to have great ranged poke with his E-Q combo (while he still does, nowhere near as intimidating as before), but the tradeoff was his squishy-ness. Nerf his range, and he's even harder to be labeled viable.
His kit has some great utility (passive, W's slow component, E's %-based Armor reduction, and R's displacement), but the risk/reward in his current state is completely imbalanced.

I have faith in Riot (pending their support for a 'grotesque AD caster'/red-headed stepchild of the champion selection) that they'll eventually turn Urgot into a more viable AD choice. However he's about as useful as Sejuani at this point, imo.

Predakhan

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Every champion that doesn't fit flawlessly into one of the five roles gets nerfed to trash tier (Twitch, Heimer, now Urgot). This is not an accident.
This is pretty much it. Instead of letting a team potentially mix things up and break from the current meta they decide to reduce those champions to a point of non viability.

Now I understand their dilemma having a champ godly with pro players and fairly weak with less skilled but there has to be way to level things out a bit.

Heck I would even happy if they could find a way to make him decent for top lane like Teemo if they dont want to make him a viable AD carry.

ALLIIAN

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
Dear Morello
My thoughts as a casual Urgot
Let me say what I like about Urgot
-Fun
-Interesting art and ability design
-Superb area denial and strong early game
-Can deal tons of damage with a manamue
Other points
-Needs feed...like, badly. He falls off in the mid to late game due to him building low amounts of dmg and rather building tanky throught the mid to late game
-His main purpose is to shut down and stop a farm-fest either bot or mid. He deals tons of damage early, which is his only strong point in the game. Without feed, as stated before, he falls off.

One of his main draws is shutting down farm lanes, while at the same time performing area denial.

MY IDEA
Revert the range nerf on Q. Morello plz. Its his strength, and it allows counter-play (Dodge his grenade)
For example, to counter Karthus, you dodge his Lay Wastes, and pick a bursty champ to stop him from farming to his monsterous late game. Thus, Urgot is similar to the Leblanc in that she shuts down Karthus/Veigar/Anivia by denying them and zoning them early. Just like Leblanc, Urgot falls off hard without feed.
You nerfed (you and the live team)
-His shield strength (Who maxes shield? AP Urgot?)
-The range on his Q (His main strength, what makes him the only one that will remain)
-The ult range (Could you buff this? Just a little? Please, it feels horrible, almost melee range at rank 1)

MY PROPOSED CHANGES
-Allow counter play to Acid Hunter by Increasing the range, but adding a crosshair over a poisoned champ to show how far you need to be to escape him)
-Increase shield strength
-Don't revert the changes to ult, but maybe increase the ranges a little? Morello plz?
Also, he needs that armor/MR steroid to survive and run away from the enemy team, so can you revert that.

In conclusion, please revert most of these nerfs. It was a very knee-jerk reaction, which you have said many times you shouldn't nerf by.
Please, don't nerf the fat man because he can counter carries. Please, just let him exist to be the dark knight of anti carries. Please, don't just nerf because he was used in a tourney. That's been happening quite too much, and it makes me sad because it seems very heavy handed.