@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

09-25-2012

I personally find him to be a better support at this point in the game. He can fill in for ranged AD carry at times if really needed, but seems like he can't quite be all bruiser and carry, because he can't quite excel at those.

Why support?
Aegis adds tankiness all around, and Zeke's adds a bit of health. The offense stats have some synergy with his kit quite well while helping feed your carry in the laning phase and carrying into a better late game.

As a support he can do a few good things:
Passive - Damage reduction to carry or anyone who jumps on your carry.
W - Slows
E - Armor Reduction. This has gotten more kills for the carries I've played with than anything else.
R - Why not feed that enemy carry directly to your carry?

Just a minor detail that seems more "Urgot" would be adding healing reduction IMO. He's already got this awesome Debuffer thing going and I personally think it would be neat to see that worked out a bit better. As well as the Passive potentially proc'ing on Q's... given his shortened Auto-Attack range.

Zaike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

I support this with a bump.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
If you're still looking for Feedback, then this is all I have to say.

Urgot's power level appears to be polar opposites when it comes to high and non-high level of play.

I've seen Urgot's in high level streams and he does insanely well. I've seen some Urgots in videos do rather well even after you nerfed him so much.
But in-game when you get an Urgot in your team. You notice that he's always the deadweight that blows up and does no damage. In the enemy team, it's a similar case.

I guess you can say...you're not going to balance him all that well because his capabilities appears to be so wildly different depending on level of play. Make him viable in low levels, and suddenly he'll be king again in higher levels.

MyManlyTowerDive

09-26-2012

425 Ult range level 1

Wtf.

universe within

09-26-2012

I liked that Urgot was equivalent to carries as Kassadin and LeBlanc are to mages. He counters carries just like they counter mages. However, a good mage can punish LB and Kass's weak pre-6 early game and abuse their weaknesses at last hitting to come out on top even though they are technically countered by them. The alternative would be to send an AD mid against them if you do not have a strong mage player who knows how to fight against them.

Instead of allowing this type of play for bot lane, they just immediately went and nerfed Urgot the instant people realized he was good. Urgot was a godsend for changing up the meta, but he was nerfed before the meta was allowed to evolve to counter him.

Panwar

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzymdscntst View Post
... As well as the Passive potentially proc'ing on Q's... given his shortened Auto-Attack range.

Zaun-touched Bolt Augmenter: (Innate): Urgot's autoattacks and Acid Hunter reduce all damage that his target deals by 15% for 2.5 seconds.

CorporateCommand

09-26-2012

I play Urgot as an AD Bruiser largely on Dominion. His passive plus Ninja Tabi makes people cry.

WesIey

09-26-2012

Hurrgot

DantesSloth

09-26-2012

urgot was my main champ for a while, then they nerfed his tankieness, (livable nerf), then they nerfed his damage (sucks but he still fun to play), then they nerfed the range on his ult.... urgot dead... completely destroyed that last bit of "balance" in his kit. when you took away his tankiness, i built more damage. when you took away his damage, i built bruiser because i still had great fight initiation. the nerf to his ult took away the last little bit that made him a viable pick.

WelcomeToTarget

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
I'll be waiting...