@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrgotFantasy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Urgots range nerfs make him very difficult to play now, and his ult is pretty much just a stun/silence due to how short the switch is.

Feladorzor

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey there,

I want to share my thoughts about Urgot to a greater extent, but I need to get more information - this could be a place where we nerfed too fast, or it was valid. Need to consult with live bros and analyze.

I'll come back to this!
Analysis: Urgot.

- Ranged AD Combo-Caster with easy-to-avoid skillshots.
- Minimal Damage output in return for difficulty.
- Low range on all skills and AA.
- Despite being squishy, he requires to be relatively close to targets.

Urgot pretty much has to stay in the same range as Caitlyn just to land his E. If that misses well goodbye urgot, ur now so close that you can be engaged upon, yet you dont have the damage, range or survivability to compete with other ad's. Same goes for Mid and Top lane, Urgot used to be viable there, now he isn't.

Rebel Scum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjdkajdlkfj View Post
Honestly I feel he is in an all right place. Ten or so games post nerfs I still beat every combination of ranged carry + support, just couldn't cheaply siege them at turret and keep the E debuff permanent. But was still as tough a bully as ever if you tried to engage in my range.

I wouldn't mind some buffs or QoL changes at all but there really isn't anything you can do to increase how much he is played, we urgot players are few and far inbetween.
and how does that transition into end game? unless you get incredibly fed, i'm willing to bet not well.

Triangle Man

09-25-2012

Urgot was nerfed too fast.

Ezreal was not nerfed fast enough.

Millien

09-25-2012

Urgot still is decent, but the previously nerfs have made him essentially useless against many champions. For example, Ezreal out harasses him, while being a safer pick because of essence flux and scaling better. All Urgot has is his harass, and if he isn't even that good at doing that then what's the point? His range is overall too short, particularly on the earlier levels of his ultimate and on Noxian Corrosive Charge. It's almost impossible to catch someone out with his ulti, it's essentially for the armour gain. Noxian Corrosive Charge is just so slow moving and short-range that it is very easy to dodge, and then Urgot is essentially useless until it's back off cooldown.

Urgot isn't completely useless, but buffing him too much can happen. He really just needs some range and quality of life buffs in my opinion. I'm sure all 10 Urgot players out there would agree.

Feladorzor

09-25-2012

Overall, Statikk ****ed him up good.

KevinDelMarr

09-25-2012

Could the Ult range be altered? Way too low at level 1 since the nerf, it doesn't have the presence it had before. Instead of 550/700/850, go 650/750/850? Or at least 600/725/850? By the time you get to most carries or target's you've taken abuse, and currently it feels too small. Play Urgot with lvl 1 Ult on smartcast and you will go crazy by how little you are out of range.

If your Argument is that "Brush positioning and ganking is too easy with increased range" then I will yield. But even then 550 is laughable

KevinDelMarr

09-25-2012

The problem with Urgot is that when Pros do really well everyone else suffers. While a decrease in damage and tankiness might ruin Urgot for the rest of us, Pro teams will find team comps that make up for his weaknesses and get Urgot to Stronk Tier. All I know is that I can't land every E, I can't always rely on my team to set me up, and until i do, Urgot will be a difficult niche champ for me and many others

Myrmidont

09-25-2012

I honestly think riot knee-jerk nerfed him because of tourney, you can tell because he's not tourney viable anymore.

Boyahda

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmypie View Post
Urgot is so weak he's not viable as anything but an bad pub stomper.
Sort of like Tryndamere.

Oh wait who's that?

-.-