@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
*proceeds to nerf damage, range, and everything that makes Urgot usable, much less fun*

Morello for scumbag tier.
Same guy that stated flat out "We're adjusting Sona's early aura strength, we're leaving her Poke strength alone." back around... April was it?

Riot staff can and will say one thing and then do the opposite when the patch actually hits.
Yes, I'm bitter about Urgot's current status, mostly in that his rank 1 ult is as long as Tryndamere's spin. It's useless.

Rebel Scum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

anybody?

ALLIIAN

08-23-2012

bump

Cyanide Velocity

08-23-2012

His E damage is pitiful too. Normally, I wouldn't mind this due to the additional effect but considering it's a skill-shot and a rather slow one at that, can we please see a very slight damage buff? The scaling is quite possibly one of the worst I've ever seen.

I also find it funny his shield is scaled off of AP and it's his only ability that does. It is almost a noob trap. Build a Trinity Force for a shield that is rather weak and is used for the slow anyway.

While I doubt they will ever make Q work with crit, I'd like to see his E work with Crit just so Urgot has a reason to pick up crit or something other than 'moar damage' because right now, besides Damage and Cooldown Redux, nothing else helps his offensive power. Mana is simply a resource, not a way to boost dps so that doesn't count.

Rebel Scum

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide Velocity View Post
His E damage is pitiful too. Normally, I wouldn't mind this due to the additional effect but considering it's a skill-shot and a rather slow one at that, can we please see a very slight damage buff? The scaling is quite possibly one of the worst I've ever seen.

I also find it funny his shield is scaled off of AP and it's his only ability that does. It is almost a noob trap. Build a Trinity Force for a shield that is rather weak and is used for the slow anyway.

While I doubt they will ever make Q work with crit, I'd like to see his E work with Crit just so Urgot has a reason to pick up crit or something other than 'moar damage' because right now, besides Damage and Cooldown Redux, nothing else helps his offensive power. Mana is simply a resource, not a way to boost dps so that doesn't count.
I personally dont have anything wrong with having to build mana to play him, it just means he can spam way more than usual which is definitely nice. But you're right, I think if they rebuffed his shield to what it was, and gave his E a better scaling with level and ad than it would make Urgots have to think more about what skill order they want to do.

Rebel Scum

08-24-2012

HWOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
thats the sound Mordekaiser makes.

Eshk

08-24-2012

I wanna buy battlecast so bad, but those nerfs ;[

Rebel Scum

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyroman View Post
I wanna buy battlecast so bad, but those nerfs ;[

I have that and butchurgot, battlecast is pretty fkn awesome, i say buy it if it goes on sale and hope they balance him eventually......

Gunslinger201

08-24-2012

The persistence is amazing. I also feel Urgot was just plain made unviable with no properly defined reason.

Urgot destroys lives early game, but has no late game outside of using his R to help the team. They perform severe nerfs on his early game, and give him nothing for his late.

It kinda feels like what they did to Graves, but since Graves is a proper AD caster with stats, he'll still be perfectly viable (although I won't feel 100% on that nerf without a little return of the damage that they've taken off Q... BUT THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD FOR THAT EXCUSE ME).

Honestly the nerfs given to Urgot just feel like they completely miss the point of.... Urgot.

Anti-Laner. He's just meant to be better than everyone else at laning, while having one of the worst late games in-game, and that is what he had exactly before his nerfs rolled in. Accepting that definition makes these nerfs he has received completely illogical. therefore, I can only assume that had something more generic like "quirky AD Caster" in mind and butchered him based on that false pretense.

I'm surprised a red hasn't dropped in to at least say something along the lines of "we appreciate your concern, but let us do our job". You think given this much persistent there would at least be some kind of response.

Rebel Scum

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger201 View Post
The persistence is amazing. I also feel Urgot was just plain made unviable with no properly defined reason.

Urgot destroys lives early game, but has no late game outside of using his R to help the team. They perform severe nerfs on his early game, and give him nothing for his late.

It kinda feels like what they did to Graves, but since Graves is a proper AD caster with stats, he'll still be perfectly viable (although I won't feel 100% on that nerf without a little return of the damage that they've taken off Q... BUT THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD FOR THAT EXCUSE ME).

Honestly the nerfs given to Urgot just feel like they completely miss the point of.... Urgot.

Anti-Laner. He's just meant to be better than everyone else at laning, while having one of the worst late games in-game, and that is what he had exactly before his nerfs rolled in. Accepting that definition makes these nerfs he has received completely illogical. therefore, I can only assume that had something more generic like "quirky AD Caster" in mind and butchered him based on that false pretense.

I'm surprised a red hasn't dropped in to at least say something along the lines of "we appreciate your concern, but let us do our job". You think given this much persistent there would at least be some kind of response.
Pretty much exactly this, I've seen Reds avoid certain threads even if they were well thought out though. Hell, there was a 130 some page heimerdinger thread that hadn't had a red post in over a year and a half despite pretty consistent bumps. I'm not letting this one go though, I'll bump it til LoL 2 comes out if i have to...