Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elrilok

06-02-2012

I'm thinkin of gettin Hecarim, but I'm not altogether certain if I should, he seems really cool, but everybody I've seen play him has done poorly, so I wonder if maybe he's kind of under-powered or they're just bad with him

Anyways, what is an ideal playstyle/build for him?

Powerstoned

06-02-2012

He's not underpowered in the least. He's best in the jungle, but works.decently on top. Movspd and hitting your ult is the key.

Mijah139

06-02-2012

In my experience with Hecarim, I have been playing him in the jungle as a bruiser-dps. I feel that his ultimate is really what will make-or-break him. It is a great initiation spell, and you therefore need to have enough bulk to absorb the amount of burst thrown at you when you initiate with it. I feel that most players do badly because they try to build glass cannon, ie; they will build swift boots and 5 phantom dancers... This is not good at all, you need some bulk to initiate fights, and peel for your carries. In most games that i have played as Hecarim, I have almost turned into a late-game carry, his damage and survivability are both potentially strong late-game, and of course, his passive allows him to zip around the map. No one is safe from Hecarim

knormanx

06-02-2012

honestly, he does nothing skarner can't do better, EXCEPT the fact that hecarim is unchasable and can not be escaped.

├čowser

06-03-2012

dont expect to burst anyone down. i find it difficult to do much damage without a heavy investment in dmg and/or getting a sheen. You have to stay on top of your target for a long time to take them down.

a careful balance of damage and survivabilty is key. jungling i start with Regrowth+pot then go into philo, boots, HoG, sheen into triforce, turn philo into shurelyas, turn HoG into randuins, Atmas or qss.

in the darius patch hecarim got 2 buffs. his Q now does 66% dmg to minions instead of 50%. also his E does full dmg after less charge up time. the buff to his Q dmg to minions makes him a bit better in the jungle and the buff to his E makes his ganks a bit more potent.

GlavTech

06-03-2012

Hecarim has the best initiate in the game. I play him as an tanky bruiser, buying a trinity force along with all my tank gear (Randuins, FON, etc)

Rounder22

06-03-2012

Clears quickly. Damage isn't all that great and really forces your lanes to have some CC in order to gank well. Expensive build for jungle since you have to build somewhat tanky.
Sort of needs the right team comp to work well. Fun to play, very different from other junglers.

Elrilok

06-07-2012

So tried him out

He's a blast to play, cool, but he seems slightly underwhelming, not a great deal just a bit, it seems almost as if Riot hasn't given Hecarim the love he deserves

The part that makes me scratch my head is his passive, the no collision is awesome, the extra damage is kind of meh, because it only works off of bonus MS, and because of that I don't get enough damage out of it that I feel like it's having an impact.

His Q is solid, could use a bit more damage in my opinion, but other then that

W is solid as well, no complaints there

his E is tricky to use but rewarding if you pull it off

His ult is great, but I feel the fear should last at least .5 second longer, but that's just me, I'm biased towards Hecarim and I'd rather he was more of a champ considered to be 'op' then balanced

But then who doesn't towards a champ they love

Joell Ortiz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

heres 2 tips

1) DONT FALL FOR MS MASTERIES AND QUINTS - they are somewhat good early - but get worse later on as the MS penalties really hurt small % increases - ANOTHER HUGE NOTE ON THIS, hecarim receives VERY LITTLE bonus AD early levels, after you get to a point where the bonus AD is noticeable, the MS penalties restrict your bonus' from masteries and quints
2) don't be afraid to build +3 boots, tenacity can be achieved elsewhere, especially upgrading philo (gp10 are great on hecarim, early game your ganks are less about damage and more about surprise and knocking them out of place + red buff slow and high MS)

Eyezicc

06-08-2012

I recently bought Hecarim because I knew he was fun to play, but his damage is underwhelming. I have been jungling with him, using a 9/12/9 setup, starting with cloth and +5 pots into wriggles, merc treads then sheen into tri force. I would like to see some other viable builds and masteries for jungle Hec from the community.