[WIP] Official League of Legends Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angst

Recruiter

06-02-2012

Hey, everybody! Whilst browsing the forums/internet I was actually having a very hard time finding an accurate, well agreed upon tier list of League of Legends. This is when I decided to take it upon myself to make one.

This is going to be hell because, as of now, there are 98 champions. I think the tier list should be based on about 60% 1 vs 1 matchups and 40% team fights based on character effectivity. As of now, I am open to suggestions!

I placed champions where I think they will land in this draft of the tier list. Please note that everything here is all up in the air at this point. This, as of now, is based on my 1,000 + games between my two accounts. Things are subject to change.

Tier 1 - Superb

Ahri, Caitlyn, Riven, Shaco, Varus, Volibear, Katarina, Kennen, Nidalee, Swain, Warwick

Tier 2 - Very Good

Ashe, Blitzcrank, Darius, Cassiopeia, Corki, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Fizz, Gragas, Jarvan IV, Jax, Lee Sin, Lux, Miss Fortune, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Talon, Udyr, Xin Zhao, Ziggs

Tier 3 - Playable

Alkali, Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Brand, Galio, Gangplank, Garen, Graves, Irelia, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kog'Maw, LeBlanc, Leona, Malphite, Malhazar, Maokai, Master Yi, Nasus, Nautilus, Renekton, Singed, Skarner, Teemo, Veigar, Vladmir, Wukong

Tier 4 - Below Average

Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Hecarim, Heimerdinger, Janna, Poppy, Sion, Sivir, Trundle, Urgot

Tier 5 - Bad

Anivia, Lulu, Rumble, Sona, Soraka, Taric, Yorick

Undecided

Evelynn, Ezreal, Nocturne, Nunu, Olaf, Orianna, Pantheon, Rammus, Ryze, Sejuani, Shen, Shyvana, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Vayne, Viktor, Xerath, Zilean

To change the place of a champion on the tier list, reply with your reasoning. Effective counters against overplayed champions, a list of full match ups with how champions stack well against other champions, or other proof that a champion is good is constructive! Don't reply with a QQ about how your champion isn't high enough on the tier list; it will just be ignored.

I am currently looking for gameplay footage of undecided champions, and full matchups against other characters in 1 vs 1s for all characters except for Fizz. You can either reply to this thread or email me! Email will be given upon request.

And with that, may the discussion begin.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Elementz's tier list is bad and inaccurate enough. We don't need another one.

Angst

Recruiter

06-02-2012

Well that's neither constructive nor positive, but posting is a step in the right direction! Keep up the good work!

Nipple Yanker

06-02-2012

What? Varus and Katarina superb, Janna and Udyr below average, and Anivia and Soraka bad?

Wtf are you smoking, man?

stevetheking

06-02-2012

Once I saw Shaco in the superb section, I stopped reading.

Angst

Recruiter

06-02-2012

Allow me to explain "what I'm smoking."

Varus outranges essentially every mid with his Q. With constant harassment, if your opponent doesn't have HP pots or a reasonable amount of defense, they'll get pushed out of their lane early. Blight detonation speeds up baron killing a lot for late game. Also, Varus's R is great for escaping or holding your target in place and is tremendously useful in team fights.

Katarina's R has an extremely low cooldown and also deals 500 base damage total to up to three targets at level one. In addition it builds with her AP and AD allowing for even higher damage. Her W gives her a passive damage increase, her E allows her to teleport to a target, and her passive reduces her cooldowns by 15 seconds when she gets a kill.

Shaco has a clone that can be controlled that can be summoned every 100 seconds from level 6 on. He can warp anywhere within a radius and after he does his next hit is a guaranteed crit. He also deals 20% bonus damage when attacking from behind. His W allows him to place boxes that fear all the targets within a radius for 1.5 seconds at level 5, his E as a passive is a slow that always applies to his target, and his E and R grow 1 to 1 with his AP.

Janna's Q is rather easy to dodge and outside of area denial and laning has very little use, and her R is underpowered for having a 2 minute cooldown,

I haven't seen anything for Udyr and Anivia significant enough for me to place them in a higher tier. Soraka may be moved up one tier. You're welcome to explain your opinions. This is a work in progress! I'm very open to opinions backed by proof!

HamBoneZ

06-02-2012

I just started to play serious rank solo and team and every time I get pwn by a jungler.... it's always Udyr..

Udyr is an extremly good 1v1 and in teamfight he just rape too.

Think this list must be work a little bit. Nice job anyway!

Angst

Recruiter

06-02-2012

Alright so general consensus was that Udyr is very misplaced so I'm moving him to tier 2!

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

mundo yorick janna and soraka are below average and shaco superb? wtf shaco sucks horribly unless it's against a bunch of noobs who don't know how to counter/invade

and the previously mentioned ones are among the best at their roles atm, although yorick falls off late game

trolls or people who never play ranked ever should stop trying to act like they're pros

mrzomby

06-02-2012

"Official League of Legends Tier List"

"Official"?

shaco?