How to break out of this losing streak?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

Senior Member

06-01-2012

Been like 50 something games, not counting bots, which I don't do unless trying out a new champion. Every ten games I win one or two, maybe even three. I got runes, I got good masteries, I got good item builds and advice from friends who are plat in ranked. Yet I just keep losing. If I'm doing good, my team is a bunch of idiots. If my team is good, I do bad and feed. Sometimes, the entire team is just braindead and 2/4/1 is the best score on the whole team. Most of my wins seem to be luck, like an enemy DC's or they have intentional feeders.
Any suggestions people on how to break out of this losing streak? Or should I just quit entirely? I just don't feel motivated to play anymore, and everytime I do I get smashed and yelled at.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieceofcandy

Senior Member

06-01-2012

If you don't feel motivated maybe try taking a break from the game, maybe a couple of days off will help.

If not, try doing some polishing on your basics (last hitting, positioning, map awareness). Usually when you're inconsistent, one or more of your basics is lacking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

Senior Member

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofcandy View Post
If you don't feel motivated maybe try taking a break from the game, maybe a couple of days off will help.

If not, try doing some polishing on your basics (last hitting, positioning, map awareness). Usually when you're inconsistent, one or more of your basics is lacking.
The problem is i'm great at all of these things. I often end up being the only one warding, buying oracles, or calling MIA. It sucks. I also know about the whole when to push/when not to push strategy but my teammate always just charges in and gives them farm by auto-pushing the lane...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieceofcandy

Senior Member

06-01-2012

Well, looking at your last couple of pvp games I would still say there's some room for improvement but like I said taking a break from the game does good, at least for me it does.

Either way, motovation plays a huge part on being able to improve at the game as well as play well in general. If you're not feeling it, don't play it'll only stress you out more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

Senior Member

06-02-2012

54367

if you have lost that many you may be in the mythical magical place known as elo hell where games are no longer decided by skill but luck and playing is almost a nightmare.

either start playing with a premade team where you work together to win or make a smurf account so you can start playing with other smurfs instead of trolls and horrible players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

Senior Member

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaneagle View Post
54367

if you have lost that many you may be in the mythical magical place known as elo hell where games are no longer decided by skill but luck and playing is almost a nightmare.

either start playing with a premade team where you work together to win or make a smurf account so you can start playing with other smurfs instead of trolls and horrible players.
Actually, I played with a premade last night and broke out my losing streak. I'm not level 30 yet and honestly, I don't feel I will ever play Ranked.
Tristana really works wonders, also what's with the numbers up top?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raverusher

Senior Member

06-02-2012

i get in the same thing..if i lose a game i usually trt one more..if i lose two in a row then i take a step back and stop playing for awhile. i did it last night when i got paired with a horrible team and we surrendered...the highest kda was a viegar...with three kills...i think youll do fine in ranked actually. just take a break when you need one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-02-2012

from looking at your builds u might want to try building a little more tank into your build like getting a GA after finishing your pd or zeal.

as for just general advise try taking a bit of a break after losing a couple games and that will get you on teams with other people and give you some time to cool off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

06-02-2012

If platinum friends are giving you advice on builds and so on, then probably what you most need to work on is just better mechanical play (flawless last hitting, moving properly, etc) and judgment calls about when to trade, what objectives to go after, etc. If you're losing games against people who aren't platinum Elo smurfs, then there's going to be areas to improve on here. The one thing you definitely don't want to do, though, is blame your teams for your losses - it'll keep you from identifying areas that you can still improve on.

The thing about blaming teams isn't so much that it's not accurate, but that it's frankly irrelevant - your teams are going to be a plus or a minus in any game you play, and it'll be pretty consistent over time. Since you can't affect it one way or the other, you just need to focus on the areas you can control, and players have shown time and again that if you're enormously better than other people you play against that carrying games is incredibly easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

Senior Member

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
If platinum friends are giving you advice on builds and so on, then probably what you most need to work on is just better mechanical play (flawless last hitting, moving properly, etc) and judgment calls about when to trade, what objectives to go after, etc. If you're losing games against people who aren't platinum Elo smurfs, then there's going to be areas to improve on here. The one thing you definitely don't want to do, though, is blame your teams for your losses - it'll keep you from identifying areas that you can still improve on.

The thing about blaming teams isn't so much that it's not accurate, but that it's frankly irrelevant - your teams are going to be a plus or a minus in any game you play, and it'll be pretty consistent over time. Since you can't affect it one way or the other, you just need to focus on the areas you can control, and players have shown time and again that if you're enormously better than other people you play against that carrying games is incredibly easy.
I don't blame my team unless they do something stupid like intentionally feed or go 0/17/1 (which I have seen happen) Most of my losses are simply we get outplayed, our team has poor coordination and placement (most often), or they have a smurf. If I had to work on something it would probably be knowing when to recall, most of my deaths in the laning phase are me feeling I can tough it out a bit longer only to get hit once and killed. I wouldn't call myself a pro player either, but not bad. Just sorta average player.


12