what ad carries could take advantage of clarity?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by defleppardruelz View Post
ori has a shield and a slow, her ult is the only support move she has?
a slow that has a small range and only a 40% at max level, frozen mallet/rylais amount, compared to others, sej has 70% at level 5 E, janna has 48% at max

also most shields barely cover damage(ori's is only 240 at level 5) with a .4 ratio, janna is 240 with a .9 ap ratio

janna alone out classes her by a long shot with a huge aoe knockback/heal, a potential long range knockup that hits everything with increased duration based on charge time, and a better slow and shield

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

well of course, which is why janna is common picked and ori isn't. but saying ori's only support like move is her ult is pretty stubborn..

kaleb bartlett

06-03-2012

a morg with clarity never really needs to leave the lane.

Amaltron

06-03-2012

No one.

pro4never

06-04-2012

If your AD is mana hungry enough to even CONSIDER taking clarity... pair with a sorka support and have infinite mana from infuse.

nuff said.

XCodes

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If your AD is mana hungry enough to even CONSIDER taking clarity... pair with a sorka support and have infinite mana from infuse.

nuff said.
This is a big part of the story.

Another thing that I feel people really overlook about Clarity is that picking up Clarity can let you totally re-arrange your item build around less MR, especially in the early-game. It helps with sustain way more than Heal ever could, IMO.

Jimyd

06-05-2012

I've only ever taken it as Urgot Mid against a Karthus, lets just say I won that lane.

MeltedWater

06-05-2012

Mana Manipulators restore 1.44 mana per second to your carry.

Let's assume you'd always use Summoner's Insight if you had Clarity. With Mastermind (which I don't use for tanks, like Alistar) you don't start restoring more mana than that per second until you are level 10, when it's aproximately 1.50 mana per second. Without Mastermind, it's not until level 14 when it's approximately 1.444 mana per second. And this is all assuming you use Clarity the moment it recharges.

Moral of the story: Get a Mana Manipulator. If you don't want to upgrade it into a Soul Shroud eventually, then you can sell it and lose a couple hundred gold. Big deal. At least you didn't waste a summoner spell on something useless.

sugarcrotch

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
Mana Manipulators restore 1.44 mana per second to your carry.

Let's assume you'd always use Summoner's Insight if you had Clarity. With Mastermind (which I don't use for tanks, like Alistar) you don't start restoring more mana than that per second until you are level 10, when it's aproximately 1.50 mana per second. Without Mastermind, it's not until level 14 when it's approximately 1.444 mana per second. And this is all assuming you use Clarity the moment it recharges.

Moral of the story: Get a Mana Manipulator. If you don't want to upgrade it into a Soul Shroud eventually, then you can sell it and lose a couple hundred gold. Big deal. At least you didn't waste a summoner spell on something useless.

this ^^ although i think the OP was being sarcastic

XCodes

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrguy View Post
this ^^ although i think the OP was being sarcastic
I thought the favored start for a support was the +3 MReg and 3 wards, though. Buying a Mana Manipulator would make that start pretty much impossible.