Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AteAnOrange

06-04-2012

One nerf that was really needed for a long time now is caitlin with those stupid traps. Make sense if minions can trip them, If minions cannot trip them like now she can drop them all over the place, If you continue to refuse to fix those stupid traps at least give them a good long cooldown or SOMETHING. So annoying.

Fisition

06-04-2012

Quote:
Urgot is never ever banned or even played - so now he will never ever be banned and never ever be played. So random!

Darius will continue to be monitored if I may translate - we are nerfing him and know he is still overpowered but he is still NEWISH and so the next (other half of the) nerf to Darius will be in a month or two.

Ahri, was fine why mess with her?

Swain is already often banned and was really not in need of changes either but now that he is SURE to be OP great we had all better figure out how to play against Swain again or ban him every game.

Graves was not really OP rarely banned. Why doesn't RIOT look at who is getting banned in just about EVERY game like Morgana, Warwick, Varus, Malthazar and tweak THOSE characters?? There seems to be some interest in making improvements - why waste so much time making random pointless tweaks to characters that are not highly banned (need nerf) OR rarely played (need buff)
I think when Riot talks about bans and what champion is played they are most often referring to high level tournaments. Ones that contain the well-known teams like TSM, Curse etc. When watching these games, I often see Urgot played/banned as well as Ahri and Graves. I've never seen a Swain in a high level tournament before. I think the real debate should be: Should Riot buff/nerf champs based on these tournaments or on the results of normal ranked ques. I am not sure of the answer, but I believe Riot thinks the best players in the world are likely to play/ban the most op champs so their bias is to use these games as their Champion OPness test. Just a thought, but I bet if Chaox from TSM didn't think Urgot was among the best AD Carry's, he wouldn't play him/it.

smileyssd

06-04-2012

________████████
_________ ███████
__________████████
______██████████████
_____███▒▒░░░░░░░░▒
_______▒░░░░░ ⓤ░░ⓤ░▒
_______▒░░░░░░░░ >░░ ▒
_______██▒░░░░░︾░░▒
_______████▒░░░░░░░▒
______▒▒███████████▒▒
____▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒███░░░▒
___▒░░░▒░░░░░░████░░ ▒
___▒░░░░▒░░░░░█████░░▒
___▒░░░░░▒░░░░███████░▒
____▒░░░░▒░░░░██████▒▒
____▒#▒▒▒▒▒░##░██████
__▒#▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒
_▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░ ▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▒
#▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░░▒
##▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░#

Orionsbane

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisition2 View Post
I think when Riot talks about bans and what champion is played they are most often referring to high level tournaments. Ones that contain the well-known teams like TSM, Curse etc. When watching these games, I often see Urgot played/banned as well as Ahri and Graves. I've never seen a Swain in a high level tournament before. I think the real debate should be: Should Riot buff/nerf champs based on these tournaments or on the results of normal ranked ques. I am not sure of the answer, but I believe Riot thinks the best players in the world are likely to play/ban the most op champs so their bias is to use these games as their Champion OPness test. Just a thought, but I bet if Chaox from TSM didn't think Urgot was among the best AD Carry's, he wouldn't play him/it.
lets see a smaller more biased sample group of players that set a team up to work together well. with months of planning and money at stake. relying on thier teamwork and team compositon more then individual skills and picks
vs
a far larger sample group, players use more variety and sometimes things that dont work so well together with far less planning. relying on the strength of thier picks and play style.over their teamwork and team composition.

the answer is obvious, ranked queue is a far larger and more likely to show where that champion is. balancing off the tournaments shows a lack of understanding on its fundamental aspect, team composition, and team play. you wont see a competitive team picking their strongest champions many times, why because another champion fills a role better.
meanwhile balancing off the far larger sample group of ranked statistics (readily available to riot). shows more aspects of that champion, shows more play styles, and shows how he works in a larger varity team compositions.
but riot has shown a favor to balancing not with numbers but with opinion. so it is unlikely it will change.

JevelFaithful

06-04-2012

Wondering about something, doesn't darius' ult now really encourages ks-ing? Wouldn't a smaller grace period be more effective?

Or a grace period but with only a cd-reduc (setting it to 5-10 sec or something like that?). So it can be used in a team fight but not as ks-ing or for a 1 sec-multikill.

Delta 554

06-04-2012

Whats with Ahri's nerf? I have NEVER seen any Ahri tank. She seams well rounded to me. She might hit hard but if you hold your ground and fight back then your going to kill her or at least do a LOT to her. I get the nerfs for Darius and Graves. But I dont feel that any of the other nerfs or buffs are good at all. I get that Ahri has a lot of hp but she loses a lot of it when hit. Guess we wont be seeing much of her anymore. Sad. Guess I just have to find someone else to play. Thanks for the waste of time i spent getting Ahri riot. Good job.

Maloney Poof

06-04-2012

Yeah, make the changes for a few, make a problem to the lot.
Nice community-focused staff.

PS: I'm being ****ing sarcastic.

Rage Virus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Urgot is a bully in lane so he needs a nerf..... but Yorick is fine.

Oognoko

06-04-2012

I am a bit upset at the Urgot nerf. I'd like to know if you guys took into account the fact that he needs the shield up in order for his slow to work? At least, can Urgot-lovers get reassurance that we'll be able to ever slow anyone with our W again?

Pls Go Ez i Suck

06-04-2012

I don't get how everyone is crying about why nerfing urgot if only 8 people play him.
If only 8 people do actually play him, why are there so many whiners?