Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symunarra

06-04-2012

Gotta say Darius Nerf (hes not op really he gets out-ranged hes dead simple as that just gotta be counter right and also Ahri i disagree she is not that bad at all like what so ever and graves I do agree with what your doing with it and Swain last but not least of ALL champs needs NO BUFF I play em a ton and hes OP as hell

TheHeller

06-04-2012

its useless tell some truth here, when the words is not like "Im so thankfull to you riot" u got a big ban. So whatever to this patch, useless make some good truth comment.

rainbowWarlord

06-04-2012

if a team really lets a darius get a penta kill on them then they are doing it wrong because darius is really not all that good he is balanced in his own way just like every other champions they nerf them and buff them so every champ has a chance of fighting another so i dont really care about the nerf and buff ahri is still my favorite champ and a nerf isnt gonna stop me from playing a dunking machine xD

Zombie Goddess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowWarlord View Post
if a team really lets a darius get a penta kill on them then they are doing it wrong because darius is really not all that good he is balanced in his own way just like every other champions they nerf them and buff them so every champ has a chance of fighting another so i dont really care about the nerf and buff ahri is still my favorite champ and a nerf isnt gonna stop me from playing a dunking machine xD
Darius was actually made in mind of getting pentakills, it was even stated LOL, the way he was getting them though, was what caused real problems, his ult resets after a kill(and? assist but i dont remember) but it didn't have to be what killed them, so you get 5 stacks boom nuke them then finish them, instead of having to save it for that clutch ending, such as garen would have to. it's what made him really over powered, not being able to freely refresh his ult will be a big bonus.

I still think his true damage ult is still a little insane, but since chogath can do the exact same thing if built with AP, then can't really complain.

ElfoJhon

06-04-2012

i cant wait for this new patch.... ive been playin like a sick ******* all this weekend so i can get 6300 ip for Draven
P.D: i did it 6300 ip :3

ZedZix

06-04-2012

kinky

NotWorthy

06-04-2012

I hope they fix that bug with Varus where his Q is turned off if an enemy champion runs into the bushes

Utrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

the nerf to Darius was obviously needed as soon as you watched his release? why release him that way to begin with?

arkchargersfan

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0z1p3r View Post
why ppl always complain about darius ulti?how about alkali ulti?alkali ulti can dash into enemy,no mana cost, and short CD. now darius get nerf with his ulti. i think this is fair enough for him. so stop complain about his ulti refresh.
u can only use it 3 times in a row. And last time I checked it does deal 500 true damage not counting the hemmorage stacks. Akali takes skill to use, dealing 500 true damage does not

RäptorJesus

06-04-2012

I disagree with a few of the Swain changes, mainly the decreased cooldown on his ultimate. I feel that an ultimate is supposed to be just that, something that when done right turns the tide of a battle in a teams favor. Quick examples are Sejuani's Glacial Prison, Curse of the Sad Mummy (Amumu) or Soraka's Wish. As a decent Swain player I can easily 1 v 1 another champion with careful timing and my entire spell combo; in a team fight using Zhoyna's and having my spells well placed allows me to dominate the enemy team. Reducing the cooldown on Ravenous Flock from 10 seconds to anything else will promote bad play, in my opinion. Knowing when to morph and when not to is part of what differentiates Swain from any other faceroll champion. When we take away the need for skill, we're really just dumbing down the game. "If I press Q W E R really fast I'll get a pentakill" is the opposite of what I believe this game is. Champions like Lux, Ahri, Gragas, Nautilus, Orianna, etc. those are the champions that I would like to see more attention paid to because they take more than finger mashing to do anything functional with.

TL;DNR: I like Swain the way he is, and by lowering the skill level needed to play him, we will see more and more terrible play and more and more people straying away from wanting him as a part of the team make up.