Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MechaKitten

06-04-2012

Seeing Darius' ult kill, refresh, kill, refresh, ... I expected they were going to nerf him. That's why I didn't buy him, and there we go! Let's see if he's any fun when he comes around free to play.

But yay for the shotgun change, it makes a lot more sense now.

Anzell

06-04-2012

yeah, I don't understand urgot nerf...

Dr Martin Lucian

06-04-2012

Morello going to explain that 1300 elo yet :P jk bro just had to see who was in change of the nerfbat.

Vibe Cross

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Buffs for Swain?! ****

PsylentFox

06-04-2012

Quote:
Morello:
This patch is very focused on tournament play specifically - it's the one we're using for Dreamhack. Ahri is much more dominant in tournament games than Ryze, though he is strong.

When we do patches for tournaments, we tend to want to balance champions in really obvious ways for this bracket; the changes we did were stand-out examples of clear best-in-class picks, while the Swain buff is a safe buff to add while we're under the hood.

That is the big problem Morello, and you just said it yourself: this is a tournament patch. You do realize that for the changes to take place that you're describing, Ahri would have to build 1100 AP in order to deal more damage on her Fox-fire than she would previously? 40 base damage in exchange for a .04 increase to her AP ratios is *weak*. I mean, really weak.

As for her ultimate lets look at it in the light of the 650 ability power from a standard Ahri build: her ultimate can strike the same target up to three times, and since this is maths, we're going to assume its a 1v1 and all three bolts hit: so 180 * 3 = 540 damage. About on par with every other AP carry. With a .3 AP ratio, which is .9 after three bolts, then 650 * .9 = 585 damage so 540 + 585 = 1125 damage.

With the changed damage figures it looks like this: 165 * 3 = 495 damage. .35 * 3 = 1.05.
650 * 1.05 = 682.5 damage. So 495 + 682.5 = 1177.5 damage.

This is barely an improvement considering you've shifted about 50 damage from her 5 second cool down spam spell to her 110/95/80 ultimate. To me this is an unfair shift even if the AP ratio was buffed from .9 to 1.05. Its negligible.

So far, Ahri was one of your most balanced champions you've ever released that I've seen, and I've been playing since 2010. And so far, you've taken her slowly started dragging her through the mud, with little nerf after nerf after nerf. Honestly to me she feels weaker than any number of casters. Just because one or two dudes can do very well with her in tournaments doesn't mean that you should nerf the champ for the other thousands of people who play her.

Also. Swain. Swain..... was already strong, especially when he has a team that can coordinate properly with him. These buffs I believe are pushing him in a direction that will end up making him unbalanced, and then you're going to have to hit him with the nerf bat again.

Buff Ahri's ultimate cooldown and bring it back down to its original numbers, and you will have a champion that will be fun to use again. Its hard to play a 'mobility champion' when her mobility has an 80 second cooldown while there are numerous champions way more mobile than her on a much shorter cooldown.

Flozzen

06-04-2012

Good changes. Maybe a bit more looking into the Darius stuff. As most people have said, the true damage refresher is a bit over the top.

Make it physical damage and it'd be ok.

In a team fight, with a Darius on the enemy team, all that has to be done is for him to sit back and go in when everyone is half health and he'll get a penta.

The true damage and the hemmorage procs still need to be looked at in my opinion.

To all those whining about Riot screwing things up, you're the ones playing the game.

Riot are testing the new patches as they go. That's why every patch they change something to make it more balanced.

They also focus on making each champion unique.

Just stfu and stop whining so much.

Flozzen

06-04-2012

Quote:
MechaKitten:
Seeing Darius' ult kill, refresh, kill, refresh, ... I expected they were going to nerf him. That's why I didn't buy him, and there we go!

Why buy a champ simply because they're op?

ZehNetoBR

06-04-2012

I agree that Darius ult should be nerfed,but not like that. They should have reduced the true dmg, but kept the assist effect. I've already seen quite a few teamfights being screwed because the team's Darius wanted to keep his ult, to ensure he would get the kill, instead of a "puny" assist.

The changes Riot is going to put in this new patch will make most Darius players EVEN MORE selfish. It will be bad for teamplaying and, thus, for overall game fun.

Mark my words.

iNanaki

06-04-2012

To play darius just take thornmail and maw, no problem.

IncubiSuccubi

Recruiter

06-04-2012

When is Draven coming? I want to buy him already...