Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goul66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Don't really understand nerfing urgot, he wasnt used that much to begin with...

Myth of Demons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I'm sorry, but what needs a nerf is Darius' spin. Change it so it does the base damage, and enemies on the inside take 50% less, not that it does 50% more if you hit them on the outside. I honestly have no problem with his ultimate. It's just, you know, chogath's feast that can be done 5 times in a row. But what makes him overpowered is the amount of damage his Q does. I've not seen anyone get snagged by Darius and live with much health once he hits level 3. Everyone builds him with primarily tank items too, so it's not his scaling.

MadSeer

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIRK View Post
REALLY?!?! You still get the refreshed CD after killing someone with the Darius ulti!?! That was one of two OP things about him was that refreshing CD.... And then the other is his grab, being able to pull an unlimited amount of enemies to him? UMMMM Why not change that to a max of 1st three(3) enemies in his line of sight, so ppl who are RANGED dont have to be scared they will get messed up in 2 seconds cuz he wants to pull 6 minions and the champ to him, get full minion kills as well as a champ kill.... I was excited to hear "Darius nerfs" but the nerfs were almost pointless IMO....
You do realize that Darius' ult doesn't land more often than it lands ? Darius players didn't have to be careful with it because the CD would still refresh if the target died by someone else while you ulted. That happens a lot. Now if they that happens the CD kicks in. It'll make a big difference. You could miss your first ult and still kill 3 others after that, now you can't. You miss your first one well tough luck.

And if you want to shut Darius down...early ganks. That's all you need. He has no mobility and no sustain. You'll kill him or force him back. A lot of junglers (in public games) don't focus him enough and that's why he becomes such a beast in a lot of games.

MadSeer

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth of Demons View Post
I'm sorry, but what needs a nerf is Darius' spin. Change it so it does the base damage, and enemies on the inside take 50% less, not that it does 50% more if you hit them on the outside. I honestly have no problem with his ultimate. It's just, you know, chogath's feast that can be done 5 times in a row. But what makes him overpowered is the amount of damage his Q does. I've not seen anyone get snagged by Darius and live with much health once he hits level 3. Everyone builds him with primarily tank items too, so it's not his scaling.
The idea when you fight Darius is to stay close to him until he wastes his spin. Then you leave. I'Ve played against a lot of Darius top lane and he doesn't dominate. Don't **** up and if he pulls you in wait for him to spin before leaving, unless you have a stun, a dash or stuff like that.

Nautilus Fox

06-02-2012

darius is getin nerf on his ulti Nautilus IS HAPPY

darktormentt

06-02-2012

swain needs a new passive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its stupid how karthus have the same passive as a skill

ForsaknTraveller

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklera View Post
I'm currently living in China studying abroad...

YouTube is blocked by the government here, so could one of you be a dear and list the changes/Draven character synopsis? I would be very appreciative!
There are proxies for that

crzymdscntst

06-02-2012

I sorta understand the Urgot nerf, he mitigated too much incoming damage. However, I always felt that was fair considering how strongly his late game influence toppled. Now though, I don't know what to think.

Might work with an Irelia-type build, Trinity Blade, FoN, etc...

Also I'm still upset that there has been nothing for Heim. Currently, he's still manageable, but simply can never match up when put to a real test. His Armor is the lowest across all levels, his mana costs are stupidly high, even with Chalice and Blue and semi-high cooldowns he can run out like none other. His 3 turret count was nerfed to 2, but now he can't keep any turrets out because this ammo system is a hindrance to him. And late game he topples because:
-Turrets die easy, minions aren't cleared.
-Rockets prioritize non-cleared minions.
-Grenade is very dodge-able, even with ultimate up.
That's all his skills out of rotation, even his ultimate since it doesn't do anything... like them goggles.

Also: When will you ever see all 50 stacks on any 1 target from Heim's Turrets? Baron can't be debuffed and custom games with your friend don't count.

I mean, last we got on him was FeralPony was looking at him, but got re-prioritized to something else and "He's fine", which based on the number of threads, he's down with Eve nearly in higher competitive situations.

Eno The Insane

06-02-2012

Lol look at swain's ultimate in the list on the left of the screen. its "Touched Bolt Augmentor" ..the last 3 words of urgot's passive.

GameSpy247

06-02-2012

wtf ahri is getting more nerf.. so unfair for ahri lol....