Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgalion View Post
I do agree he was a giant bully in lane, but this was also a tradeoff for him falling off more late game when compared to other Ranged ADs. You may have to watch and make sure this nerf doesn't then make it necessary to boost his late game a little since what he is picked up for, early game bruiser/dominance, is now lower.
This and man, I bet that comment from Morello saying "Ranged will remain the same" was sarcasm because Urgot's AA range is almost melee I mean Ashe and Cait are ****ing annoying!!! Those gals are able to push you behind your turrets hands down and they are a BIG pain if a Soraka is supporting them...

Darius "nerfs" (I call'em hotfixes) are great, his passive is like carrying a 2x effective ignite, now it will be like having a free ignite or a lesser ignite version, and his "period of Grace" on his ult was, that sometimes if you landed an ult but that ult didn't killed the champ but the applied hemorrage result of that ult does your ul cd is refreshed. Now you MUST kill them with the Ult's damage ( I must add that something, right now, the killing blow sometimes do not refresh the ult at all).

Buffing Swain is going to be the MOST stupid move, he needs a NERF not a buff to his slow and ult!!! Now he's going to be a GOD early and LATE game FFS they probably BUFFED him cause his new skin isn't selling that much, I'm yet to see a General or whatever swain in my matches. And same goes to Dariuses only skin.

JIRK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

REALLY?!?! You still get the refreshed CD after killing someone with the Darius ulti!?! That was one of two OP things about him was that refreshing CD.... And then the other is his grab, being able to pull an unlimited amount of enemies to him? UMMMM Why not change that to a max of 1st three(3) enemies in his line of sight, so ppl who are RANGED dont have to be scared they will get messed up in 2 seconds cuz he wants to pull 6 minions and the champ to him, get full minion kills as well as a champ kill.... I was excited to hear "Darius nerfs" but the nerfs were almost pointless IMO....

The Reignmaker

06-02-2012

Urgot getting nerfed? So we're going to go from 5 people playing him, to 0?

Archangel89

06-02-2012

@ Torinux, did you ever try building Morellos Evel Tome when against Swain mid if you think he is so godly? ignite + that item = like 15 seconds of heal reduction.

gonadsteadyblade

06-02-2012

oh hooray, you guys finally remembered that you nerfed swain into the dust, and it only took you 8 months!!! hoooooray!!

and for the record, swain went from my hands down favorite to an abandoned champion over his last update.and has remained as such

BloodWiz

06-02-2012

Darius ult is still too OP

Aarow

06-02-2012

The developers are missing the most, is the third champion I bought a nerf that gets so big, I always make donation, every month, now I will rethink if I will continue donating.

- Ahri
- Lulu
- Darius.
- Etc.

FudoMUYOUKryptkL

06-02-2012

I understand the Ahri nerfs because people hate her play style, Swain not so much because I have seen a pro Swain even without the buffs and for Darius and Urgot nerfs. Technically any of the champs can make good bullies. Nautilus with enough armor, Ap and health regen with decent farm can bully any champ. Darius' abilities are good the way they are because it makes it to where a team has to play as a team. You can easily CC or Stun Darius to kill him and hugging turrets will always help. Urgot is just a ranged tank the complaints against Urgot being too OP is like saying all your new champs are and thats not true.

MunchieXs

06-02-2012

Darius nerfs understandable.
Urgot, was not necessary.

QuantumMajic

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We wanted to talk about Urgot a bit in this because while he's pretty unpopular, he's really dominant when played well. Since a lot of players don't have a ton of experience with Urgot, this doesn't make match a lot of players' experiences unless we explain it a bit.

His damage and range aren't going down at all, but he'll be a bit less tanky - and most importantly, we're not hitting anything that makes him unique and fun.
Urgot is very hard to play, has no range on autoattacks and his bomb is easily dodged. Taking away the tankiness makes no sense. Now when he gets run down he will just die. He has no traps, aoe slows, or anything to help him get away. Oh and his shield scales on ap while most other ad champs with shields scale on ad. His one mechanic is too easily dodgeable.