Draven Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razore101

06-02-2012

I dont play Urgot, but Urgot getting nerfed seems pretty lame. In no way did I think he was OP, if anything i thought he needed a buff.

koped

06-02-2012

/wat ta **** i want dariuse to get ****ing supa nerfed not just a little

Crester

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

More Darius nerfs. The nerf you gave him will probably do nothing because "dealing the killing blow with his ultimate" is how all players play. So, what's the point?

I say completely remove the refresh timer. It seems very uncomfortable and very overpowered. Take Garen for example, who seems to be an earlier "Darius" version. His ultimate deals damage based on enemy's HP, which is fine, but it has no cooldown refresher whatsoever so you can honestly say it's a good skill, you just need to master it more.

Darius, however, can spam it each time he deals a killing blow. That's in the good play, a penta kill, or in the bad play, a double kill at least.

CantiKun

06-02-2012

You know it wouldn't be patch preview if we didn't mess something up. Random urgot nerfs with no compensation ftw. Oh and guys we are pretended to nerf darius but its hardly a nerf. You could fix that like his passive is ridiculous (note the passive has a dmg scaling and procs off abilities) stupid and he gets another passive last whisper or %25 armor pen bc that is about fair.

XxXRazgrizXxX

06-02-2012

I disagree with the Darius nerfs insomuch that I think they nerfed the wrong thing.

His E made his harass potentially stronger than 90% of the ranged carries in the game meaning that going ranged up top meant nothing against a Darius. 550 range on his E in non-practical terms alone beats out >50% of the ranged champions in the game, but if you also take into account the time it takes for that carry to poke with their AA (on average about .2 seconds) that adds an effective range of 65 meaning his actual practical range for his E in a real situation is ~615... which is longer than more than 85% of the ranged champions in the game -- INCLUDING Tristana and Kog'Maw before either of them hits level 8 (at which point Tristana starts her horrible mid-game phase, and Kog'maws lackluster mid-game phase... since we all know those two are late-game monster carries)

I would have liked to have seen his E's range nerfed, even just from 550 to 500. That alone would have balanced him by at least allowing him to be countered by range (something EVERY RANGE should be able to do against a beefy melee champion with huge damage and near-bruiser status).

Asdfpro

06-02-2012

i agree with the nerf and buff, but i think darius need a nerf in his mana cost, that will balance him. Because his mana cost-damage, he has no penality if he miss them. like his ult must be like 150 and the other skill scale the mana cost with the lvl u get it.
plz riot check that

Azrael2600

06-02-2012

More ahri nerfs? No Anivia nerf?!

Hostile Soap

06-02-2012

Why does riot continue to ignore Evelyn? She is so under powered and needs a buff in my opinion

Archangel89

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
More Darius nerfs. The nerf you gave him will probably do nothing because "dealing the killing blow with his ultimate" is how all players play. So, what's the point?

I say completely remove the refresh timer. It seems very uncomfortable and very overpowered. Take Garen for example, who seems to be an earlier "Darius" version. His ultimate deals damage based on enemy's HP, which is fine, but it has no cooldown refresher whatsoever so you can honestly say it's a good skill, you just need to master it more.

Darius, however, can spam it each time he deals a killing blow. That's in the good play, a penta kill, or in the bad play, a double kill at least.
Why are all this comentaries made like Darius is an unkillable titan that walks around and ults people? Gank his lane 3-4 times. First time he may get away with a flash. Next 3 is 3 kills + 3 assists for your top/jungler. Go into team fights? CC him. He needs to be literaly in your face to do any damage. Fear/Silence/stun any of these + at least 3 coordinated team members will mean their team just started a fight with 1 less man. He has 0 tanking skills/passives, so even if he builds full tank he is still easy killable. Yes he can win a lane taht gets 0 ganks against some top champions. Yes he can lose even 1 v 1 if you play a good Jax just to give an example. His ultimate refresh is the problem? More for his own team sometimes since he takes kills from his AD carry that can do so much more damage in a team fight if protected properly and fed. I would gladly give the ult refresh away for some defensive steroids on kill and a little lower CD. I would even give up on the 550 range pull for a 550 range dash.

Also forgot to mention his Ult animation is crazy long. You can even juke it with a bush, trolled a Darius like 4 times with a Riven walking in and out of the bush/dashing from his range when out, since he needs vision or the animation stops.

Guthika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Swains new ult is now "Touched Bolt Augmenter". Says so in vid @ 2:51