What lane does Teemo go to?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Typhar

06-01-2012

So I was under the impression that Teemo was a solo top, but I've had a few games so far with, "WTF teemo wants top" or someone locking in lee sin without telling me I'd be sent bot to support Cait...

So am I missing something? Where does Teemo fit?

SC0TT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-01-2012

Teemo can really go anywhere. I prefer to play him top. The guys you see say "teemo top, WTF?!" just don't know he is viable. They see him as squishy yordle, which he is, but dat blind.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I've seen a lot more teemo tops since he can counter a lot of the harder tops like jax and darius

he really is mediocre now as ad bot since his very low range and as ap he really doesn't bring much to the table aside from random mushroom kills from people running away

NightShade

06-02-2012

I usually get "WTF, support Teemo?!" He's a terrible lane-phase support, all he does is blind, but infinite wards and high mobility make him more like Evelynn, he should be wandering the map, ganking, warding, etc. (Maybe someone should do jungle Teemo, I haven't seen that yet) but his AP carry lane-phase is amazing, so it's summoner's choice.

UltraVegeta

06-02-2012

Teemo can go anywhere. He can either stay bot and harass with the help of the support or stay in the top lane and solo. It all depends on your team and your playstyle

NiftyZach8

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShade View Post
I usually get "WTF, support Teemo?!" He's a terrible lane-phase support, all he does is blind, but infinite wards and high mobility make him more like Evelynn, he should be wandering the map, ganking, warding, etc. (Maybe someone should do jungle Teemo, I haven't seen that yet) but his AP carry lane-phase is amazing, so it's summoner's choice.
I've Actually seen him jungle a bit. He is a pretty good jungler but not many people pick him because their are so many better junglers...basically another Trundle story.

doomed2death

12-27-2012

Typically, Top with AS+AP Build (he's not just a shroomer. His E +W make him a great assassin and his Q counters AD Carries hard).

Can go mid but imo his low range makes him easily outpoked by better mid laners.

Can go bot Support Teemo which just means zone them hard. Outdone by other supports imo.

Can go bot hard adc. But he sucks adc.

Apparently he can jungle? Might try that.

acosn

12-27-2012

Teemo's most favored lane is top.

He makes a decent support in bottom lane, but it doesn't mesh well in the current meta where everyone and their grandma is a soak or tank oriented support, and is swimming in hard CC.

He's a decent mid until you fight someone with hard CC or a high volume of spell casts (EG: Karthus, Ryze, Cass)

BloodyDerek

12-28-2012

teemo can literally play anywhere but he counters alot of top laners because of his blind and poke abilities. I dont believe there is much of an option in building him, the only viable option is AS+AP where malady and nashors tooth are your first items then you build rylais and rabadons

Rawrful

12-28-2012

I've seen Teemo work in literally every position, though I haven't seen him jungle since they upped the movement speed of all the jungle camps so you couldn't micro around without getting hit as effectively.

As a top, he has ranged poke, a blind to counter the physical bruisers that like top so much, shrooms to keep himself safe, and high speed to escape ganks and get back to lane quickly. He is weakest to other ranged champions top, and has a few other poor matchups.

As a mid, he has significant burst, great sustained damage, high mobility to get to fights/dragon/ganks, free wards to keep himself safe. He best counters the physical mids, melee mids, and anyone with long cooldowns. He has trouble with mages that massively out range him, or people that can match his sustained damage.

As bot carry he has two pathways: ADC and standard AP/AS. As ADC he ends up like Ashe. Which is to say he has lots of utility, but isn't a hard carry like a Kog/Corki/Ezreal/Vayne. Shrooms for free wards all over, speed buff for kiting, blind for when bruisers get on top of him, a magic damage attack steroid. As AP/AS you are relying on obliterating the mid to mid-late game, because a freefarmed AP/AS Teemo is a terror mid game, and so are the physical damage solo champs you should have to make up for an AP bot.

As Support, you play extremely aggressive. Teemo does absurd poke damage, and his blind will easily turn any low level fight. Shrooms for free wards, blind for keeping bruisers from killing your carry in team fights... His biggest weakness is a lack of CC and a lack of... Well, much of anything in team fights. He sets them up very well with shrooms, but once they start, he doesn't has the utility most other supports would have.