"You're bad at (a champion), you waste your money on that skin."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queen Sejuani

06-01-2012

People use that as an insult in 2 ways:

1) When they are jealous of not being able to get said skin (or any skin)
2) Imply that since you have a skin, you have the freedom of using RP. With RP you can buy champions faster, without "earning them by farming IP" It also is somehow linked to "not mastering the champion since you bought them with RP"

How that even makes sense, is beyond me.

McDerp

06-01-2012

Someone said this already so all credit goes out to them but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Anonymous Summoner
I bought skins in order to allow YOU to play free games

Driziationz

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideeFalco View Post
People use that as an insult in 2 ways:

1) When they are jealous of not being able to get said skin (or any skin)
2) Imply that since you have a skin, you have the freedom of using RP. With RP you can buy champions faster, without "earning them by farming IP" It also is somehow linked to "not mastering the champion since you bought them with RP"

How that even makes sense, is beyond me.
Well, it kinda make sense though.

yazbeck211

06-01-2012

I was 23/0 with tryn and I had this one kid tell me "I'm not good enough with him to buy a skin" - I had the most expensive one (the 1.8k demonblade)

Forget it and ignore it, they don't have spare cash to spend on a game, so be it

Aethio

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Being View Post
I was 23/0 with tryn and I had this one kid tell me "I'm not good enough with him to buy a skin" - I had the most expensive one (the 1.8k demonblade)

Forget it and ignore it, they don't have spare cash to spend on a game, so be it
Everyone has enough money to spend on a skin they like. But, they'd rather spend it on a cup of expensive Starbucks or stuff their greasy lips on a $10 McDonald's meal.

Or maybe, they have bills and spending $10 on a game will set them back so far on their bills, they might not have electricity to play the free game they just spent money on to use the skin they just bought.

My advice: Gather up all those Mt. Dew, Pepsi, Rockstar, and that those nasty Monster cans that's crowding up your computer desk and living area and recycle them. You'd be surprised how much you would get in return.

Kirito3689

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
I've got a good job and make decent cash so if I do really well with a champ and feel that champ 'earned' a skin, I buy one.

Haters gonna hate. They just mad that they can't afford disposable RP.
Basically this ;-). People just jelly they can't afford it or don't have it. I get comments on my legendary skins all the time especially my bltzcrank skin when the other team gets grabbed too many times.

Some people will always be jealous of what others have OR some people are just always negative and have to find flaws in everything,which is why they make those comments. You can either ignore them, make humor of it or just remind them of how much better ur char looks whether ur winning or losing :-P.

posted on android forum app

Duarack5

06-03-2012

Skins can almost be used to make the enemy scared before the match starts. Think about it, Jax is scary enough, but then someone on the enemy team has an expensive Jax skin, so naturally your first thought is:
"He must be great with Jax! We're going to die!"
This can backfire, though. I was playing someone with a Battlecast Xerath skin once, and though they'd be great with him. They were not, and my Xerath got to repeatedly rotfl stomp him

SatanInDisguise

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki iz On1 View Post
Everyone has enough money to spend on a skin they like. But, they'd rather spend it on a cup of expensive Starbucks or stuff their greasy lips on a $10 McDonald's meal.

Or maybe, they have bills and spending $10 on a game will set them back so far on their bills, they might not have electricity to play the free game they just spent money on to use the skin they just bought.

My advice: Gather up all those Mt. Dew, Pepsi, Rockstar, and that those nasty Monster cans that's crowding up your computer desk and living area and recycle them. You'd be surprised how much you would get in return.
Read this post while drinking a can of monster... Then counted the empty cans around my room and counted 15... also ewww Mt. Dew

However on topic people say it just as a way of poking at you in any way they can. The people that say these things are the people that feel and overwhelming need to rage at anyone that doesn't play to their idealistic standards of a support that goes 50/0/200.

So if you even slip up once these people will rage beyond belief. However the common trait a lot of these ragers have is that usually at least when raging they don't put out much intelligence. Therefore they will use any possible thing they can find to attempt to put you down. Eg. Saying you are bad at champion X therefore wasted your money on the skins.

AJStarhiker

06-03-2012

I've bought skins for a few reasons

1) I like the game and want to help support it.

2) It's a champion I'm good at and (during free weeks) I want my teammates to know I'm not picking some random champion (I use Badger Teemo for this one)

3) I like the champion and, even if I'm not great with him/her, the skin looks better than the standard skin. (Fiora, Vayne)

4) I'm indifferent to the champion, but really like the joke/side reference. (Nasus's Galactic skin because of Stargate, Veigar's Grey Wizard skin because of Gandalf/Lord of the Rings)

MoreMedz

06-03-2012

Skins actually cost very little. $10 is coffee money at the end of the day. Some argue that you get far more enjoyment out of a good skin than 2 cups of coffee. I agree.

The real problem is with players who want to insult others. If it is not skin, it's champion pick; if it is not champion pick, it's use of tactics; if it is not tactics, it's race/gender...see the pattern here? It is rude and unsportsmanlike. Unfortunately, the tools we are given to deal with these people are /ignore and /report, and a large dose of tolerance.

I do think though that some skins should be made into rewards for say, playing 200, 500 and 1000 games as a certain champion - a bit of loyalty bonus. =)