"You're bad at (a champion), you waste your money on that skin."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Driziationz

06-01-2012

so this statement, i've seen people saying it to other people and i myself have also experienced people saying this statement to me. so i'm confused, what does a champion skin have to do with the player's skills playing that champion?
arent skins just luxury items? and why is that if we're bad at a champion and we have that champion's skin most people say that its a waste that we bought that skin?
is it wrong that we buy the skin for the champion that we love to play?

discuss.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

I like the "discuss" on the end there.

Generally, people have bad games and even the best players can look like a fool. I don't generally rage against people with skins who are terrible.

Though, in general, you do not want to buy skins with characters of which you just aren't that great with. 90% of the time, champions you like playing you become good with. I've personally never been bad with a champion I like, because I play the champions I like enough that its not an issue.

All of which being said, efficiency of your money aside, if you like something and are comfortable spending money on it... do it. We only have one life, and if you die and you didn't buy that bad ass new Amumu skin... Your life may have been a waste.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

MADNESS
Emumu is the best skin for Amumu

Sephïroth

06-01-2012

Have you seen the new skin in game? It gives him a darkness aura instead of tears.
Though I do own Emumu

Korgen

06-01-2012

Everyone has an opinion on the internets. Don't let it bother ya.

MoonStomp

06-01-2012

I've got a good job and make decent cash so if I do really well with a champ and feel that champ 'earned' a skin, I buy one.

Haters gonna hate. They just mad that they can't afford disposable RP.

Bukumber Express

06-01-2012

I've been told that once when I was playing as MF. I had such a rough early and mid game that I was 0/7. I ended up scoring a pentakill late game though and then pushed all the way to the Nexus....

They took it back.

But I also do own a Malzahar skin even though I'm not that great with him.

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

well skins are boss, if you like them

personally i like to waste money on fancy electronics and stuff, so buying that badass new morgana skin that has seen 1 ranked game was still a good buy

Joshmvii7

06-01-2012

I buy skins if I want. Sometimes after only playing a champ a few times if I just like the skin. If I have a bad game, I don't really care if my teammate rages that I own the skin. They're just looking for something to be mad about when things don't go right. /shrug

Maniacdog

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
I've got a good job and make decent cash so if I do really well with a champ and feel that champ 'earned' a skin, I buy one.

Haters gonna hate. They just mad that they can't afford disposable RP.
I agree here. I may not be the best player out there but if I want my guys looking good I'll spend some cash.

As you all know RP costs real money and maybe people resent that, but I'd argue that Riot like people like me because we're supporting the game that some kiddies take for granted.

Skins ftw.