<<<Idea>>>Evening up AFK Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theazzyg

06-01-2012

An idea me and my friend discussed, that i'm not sure has been posted or if it's a good idea. But for every AFK on your team your respawn time lowers by a percentage e.g. for each AFK you get 10% reduced respawn time. I think this would allow for the team short of players to come back alive quicker after death.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't be to hard to implement I don't think.

Dekar Volff

06-01-2012

Just to feed faster? =(

Even if they respawn 10% quickier, it would still 4v5... 3v5... 3v4 and so on.

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

i dont think that would help

but you are on the right track, something should be done to compensate...perhaps greater passive gold gain, or maybe some kind of aura could be applied to your team for having a member down, an aura to increase stats, +10% to all stats (excluding mana, move speed, and crit chance) or something like that to make up for the massive deficit left by a quitter...

of course im sure that would cause other issues, but its better than oh some kid left the game, -15 elo...

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

I do like the idea of giving a 5-10% Exp/Gold increase for each leaver...

This may present a problem of some premades coming in and the support leaving for a few minutes to allow each lane to grow heavy for a short period, then come back and as support under level is never a bad thing.

Yet, I feel like it would be taken advantage of much less than it would benefit the general public. Possibly disable this feature in ranked games.

I do like the idea of thinking outside of the box, but if you're dying in a 4v5 match you're probably going to keep dying. The games won 4v5 are games that the other team is cocky because it is 4v5.

Bukumber Express

06-01-2012

While we're on the afk topic, I also think something should be done with afk people in the champ select. I hate how it just automatically assigns you a champion and then you're stuck with whatever they got. They should be booted out of the queue and given the five minute penalty instead of forcing the rest of the players to suffer through what might be a bad game or forcing one of them to dodge.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

I like that idea, and the 5 minutes might persuade of those who que up and go on a Facebooking adventure, not to.

Essenickehmeu

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post
While we're on the afk topic, I also think something should be done with afk people in the champ select. I hate how it just automatically assigns you a champion and then you're stuck with whatever they got. They should be booted out of the queue and given the five minute penalty instead of forcing the rest of the players to suffer through what might be a bad game or forcing one of them to dodge.
Agreed.

Also, for the compensation, i think it could be a small buff on minions, based on the number of leavers/afkers (this would make holding a lane harder for the other team, can't be really exploited, since it's still not as good as having a 5v5 match). The buff could be +40 HP, 2 damage and 10 armor/MR to all warrior minions and +25 HP, 4 damage and 5 armor/MR to all caster minions, doubling for every leaver. In addition, every minion gives 3 less gold than usual. Sounds good?

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenickehmeu View Post
Agreed.

Also, for the compensation, i think it could be a small buff on minions, based on the number of leavers/afkers (this would make holding a lane harder for the other team, can't be really exploited, since it's still not as good as having a 5v5 match). The buff could be +40 HP, 2 damage and 10 armor/MR to all warrior minions and +25 HP, 4 damage and 5 armor/MR to all caster minions, doubling for every leaver. In addition, every minion gives 3 less gold than usual. Sounds good?
that sounds alright but i dont think it would make a difference in the end, unless the 5 man team never pushed a certain lane, but i like the various ideas being thrown around, hopefully riot is considering addressing this issue in the future

my earlier idea certainly would be taken advantage of, but its a start, keep bouncing ideas, maybe someone is watching this thread *fingers crossed*

KingSnafu

06-01-2012

the point is to not have ppl go afk in the first place. By giving ur team a reward for someone going afk just leaves way too much room for it to be abused. For example someone is having a bad game and is 0/7 in the first 20 mins then strategically it would be best for the team for that person to go afk, as the reward for them leaving is better then if they stayed, be like giving a burglar 20$ becasue he only stole ur Xbox and not ur TV..

DonnFirinne

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnafu View Post
the point is to not have ppl go afk in the first place. By giving ur team a reward for someone going afk just leaves way too much room for it to be abused. For example someone is having a bad game and is 0/7 in the first 20 mins then strategically it would be best for the team for that person to go afk, as the reward for them leaving is better then if they stayed, be like giving a burglar 20$ becasue he only stole ur Xbox and not ur TV..
There isn't a way to completely stop AFKers and leavers. Plenty of leaving I'm sure is due to internet based DCs. These ideas are to help when the situation can't be avoided, and I support the idea.