Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Custom games must have a minimum of 2 players."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finnz NA

05-31-2012

Honestly, why? I've really enjoyed being able to just create a custom game as to test things myself, alone, as to not affect anyone else of a negative outcome. As well as just messing around with different things where no one else is effected negatively by my random decisions. So why is it that custom games must have 2 players now? Is there a bigger reason? If not I hope it goes back to how it was.

tldr; Need 2 players to create custom games, why? Let me play games by myself

Ankokukai

05-31-2012

Yeah, doesnt make sense that they reverted it, it was nice to test on your own, instead of having undreds and hundreds of queue dodges because they couldnt get the new champ....

Tisaric

Recruiter

05-31-2012

They've said it thousands of times, it's because of server load. Turning on 1 person customs could easily break the server given how many people are on, with all these customs, so 2 people are required so that the whole server doesn't crash.

Yes, it sucks, but expecting Riot to put a whole bunch of effort into a test server would be not only a waste of their time, but their money as well.

Lapbunny

05-31-2012

Well, then you get people going on the PBE to play the new champion in a bot game, not particularly test anything and then get off. At least with two people you're usually talking about whatever with each other while doing it and bouncing things off each other.

Draconic74

05-31-2012

The only reason this is up is because there is a massive flood of people into the PBE just now. It is just patched, new champ is out (no new anything else though -_- ) and the servers for the PBE are being strained.

Forcing two people per custom match basically cuts the number in half (more then half because some people wont bother looking for another person anyway). It will go away after a while. But you can maybe expect it when the next major patch hits PBE.

Finnz NA

06-01-2012

Quote:
Tisaric:
They've said it thousands of times, it's because of server load. Turning on 1 person customs could easily break the server given how many people are on, with all these customs, so 2 people are required so that the whole server doesn't crash.

Yes, it sucks, but expecting Riot to put a whole bunch of effort into a test server would be not only a waste of their time, but their money as well.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the response. I'm new to whole PBE testing thing haha. And with what someone else said about having two people talking and what not, I wish that was the case, I played with one guy and he didn't say anything the entire game and quit halfway through. ha