Need help on how to win ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xidron

06-04-2012

i like what midillusion said ... but because i was exited when i first hit lvl 30 and played alot of ranked and lost(it was my fault i wasn't used to ranked yet) my elo dropped like hell ... now that im finally good im stuck with low elo's and mostly trolls...ive seen my ENTIRE team get executed on baron ... they went in without even signaling 1 by 1 on baron the second someone dies the nex one comes in and dies etc....itds really weird ... they want me to call mia at minute 45 when the enemy team is no longer laning and they are roaming ... its really weird...

Saechao

06-04-2012

Have you even played one ranked game yet? I looked at your profile, 0 ranked games.

DirtySpr33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Unless you get lucky enough to find a team of legit players you cant expect your elo to go up with trolls around, However you could use a tactic such as jungling. I like jungling because I find it easy, My favorite jungling champs are Lee Sin ( The Blind Monk ) And Olaf Have fun jungling? XD

arcticnerd

06-04-2012

Midillusion is totally correct. Winning your lane isnít enough to win the game. You have to win your lane and help your team mates win theirs. This is why a lot of people say to play the jungler as it is your job to make sure everyone wins their lanes however mid can do a lot of ganking as well depending on who you play.

To do this effectively you want to pick a mid champ who can easily shove their lane. Ziggs, Cass and Morgana are good examples of this. After you push your lane to their tower you will have about 2 waves of minions before they will begin pushing back. During this time you should be stealing wraiths, helping with dragon or ganking a lane. This will alive pressure on your allies and give them the best possible chance for success.

Support can have a lot of effect on a game as well even at low elo but again it depends on who you play. You want to pick a support champ who will help amplify ganks through the use of cc and moderate damage. As a low elo support you want to be able to secure kills for you ad and jungler as well as sustain your lane. Champions like Alistar and Taric are great for this. They have a moderate amount of damage, good cc and sustain. They are also both thick enough to take some punishment and walk away without fear of death. These champions can also roam mid to gank the opposing ap fairly easily. They may not net kills due to their lack of high burst damage but the pressure applied can swing mid in your teams favor.

Personally I play top, ad and support in ranked games and at first I lost 8 of 10 games but by following this shove lane then do a quick roam strategy I have raise my win loss ratio into positive numbers. The majority of this turn around was accomplished by playing Taric (and some Alistar) as a pure support champion. You can support yourself out of low elo ( I did it from my low of 900 to 1300) if you know what you are doing.

fat thumb2

Recruiter

06-05-2012

ewynsoch everything Xidron said, i was supoz to say cuz Xidron is my friend a nd he forgot to log out from my pc and i ddnt notice :P so sorry for the inconvenience :P all of that hapenned with me ...
i love to solo top or jungle with lee sin or jungle with udyr
i also like to solo top with darius...

Powerstoned

06-06-2012

To rise in elo, you need to win games. To win more, if you trully are better than your win/lose ratio, you need to consistently demonstrate that by exerting more control by carrying your team, and imo that's from AD, whether that's top, ad bot or if you are super profficent and never get screwed or mess up, as ad jungle. (Ap jungles don't scale as well latelate game)

Mid CAN do this sure, but ap vs ap mid where each guy has a ton of cc but not alot of early game burst, you can easily have a 12 something minute mexican standoff when all of a sudden somebody's turret goes down and all hell breaks lose on the lanes. If simply because you have less attack damage, mid will be worse at taking the first turret, which usually is what sets off the multi-kills in a game.

I love support, and i do feel it's my best role, but i know from this position you have the least amount of control over turrets and kills, and therefore your own elo. If you're winning more as support, you're getting carried, and whether you contribute a little to that or a lot, and that's not something to count on, especially if you are better than your elo. While I ever so often trully carry with taric and janna, that says more about my suck ad carries, and in those games I obviously should have taken one of the stronger roles

If you're a good, observant support role from game to game, you know whether your lane partner, the guy who should be building damage and taking all the gold, is any good and able to carry. I'm sure you know there are a lot of ad bot carries that think doran's and attack speed stacking while strictly farming minions for 20minutes is how bot lane should be played. That destroys your elo as a support, and that's why being in the other position is better, to ensure bot is properly played, or if it's going to be that stalemate on bottom at least you are top or jungle and can sway the game from another lane.

HARDK0RR

07-25-2012

i dont feed at all most games and my team does like 1 game i get a quadra and leave my team 2 kill the rest it was 1v4 and they kill all 4 i was so mad so i need a very active team that i can play 3v3 rankd alot with so if u r 1 add jbadmoon and play with me

Jester of Sirius

08-09-2012

I just get so discouraged with the trolls that I try to play conservatively. Trying to carry the team means dying and then they yell at you for feeding; play conservatively and they yell at you for not feeding with them. I thought ranked would be better than normal, but it's just as bad -- with fewer AFKs on some days. I'm waiting for the new season to start and then I'm looking for serious players who actually want to win....

bbyboy

10-06-2012

Let's keep it real here. The only way to win ranked games from 1200 - 1400 elo is to just carry. Pick a champion and just smash. That's literally the only way because you're going to get those games where your team just picks whatever they want and play like they just got the game. So that's my theory pick a champion and just carry the hell out of your team and you'll win. (usually) lol. By the time you get up to 1400 elo you shouldnt have to worry so much because your team should know what they're doing by then. hopefully. Hope this helped.

Voidjames

10-06-2012

I've been winning a tonne of games lately by playing Leona support. By playing an aggressive support you can completely dominate bot lane, giving your ADC free farm, easy kills and denying the enemy ADC and support. By doing this 2 players on the enemy team are under levelled, underfarmed, and feeling depressed.
The enemy support and adc will be hugging tower after you've dominated them so much, and you can get your jungler and/or mid to come down for a tower dive, getting another 2 easy kills. Then you can destroy bot lane tower, take dragon and go from there giving your team an easy lead, while your ADC carries you to victory

EDIT: by dominating so hard, the enemy team will rage at their botlane, making the enemy team disorganised and because its a low ELO someone is bound to ragequit