Draven on TT.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exotic3s

05-31-2012

Okay so now, hopefully I have everyone from my Darius thread. But anyways lets get started. OKay so what I read this is what I was thinking.. Hmmm, Passive sounds nice fun gonna be something to look out for seeing how I will never buy new champs I just learn to play against them.. Anyways back to Draven. OKay so Passive does DOT's if he get crit strike. So he will probably be going Crit dmg. So that is going to work really well. Also I think his Q is counterable, but it does that extra physical dmg but can also be activated again if he catches his axe (this will probably be like Jax's W but being able to use twice if played right) But than we get to his W gives him movement speed and attack speed however his movement speed gets reduced very fast while his attack speed stays boosted till the spell gets on cd. Now this is very counterable if you watch him, if in a fight you are going to win than he uses his W to maybe finish the kill but he may try to run after a lil bit, BUt maybe he is running from you already with low hp go ahead and counter real fast, right before he uses blood rush (His W) Slow him or stun him if you have any cc. Now while on the run and he use blood rush now its time to counter hard just run into a bush than once he gets in or about a half a second before he gets in go ahead and juke him this will make it so he wasted his blood rush cause he used to to chase you but seeing how it go back down fast over time you should be able to get away from him. Now to his E. It is like Olaf's axe. He throws his axe doing physical dmg but if hit they are also slowed and also knocks them to the side. Now for his ult. Draven hurls two massive axes dealing physical damage to each unit struck. HIs ult slowly reverses direction and returns to Draven after striking an enemy champion. Draven may also activate this ability while the axes are in flight to cause it to return early. Deals less damage for each unit hit and resets when the axes reverse direction. OKay so now basically I you just have to dodge that to counter it I think its a skill shot anyway... BUt enough of how to counter now lets talk about how he can be played. You can go AD or Crit, Now to combos I would use this slow him with your E than quickly press your W for speed than your Q make sure you catch it and activate again than ult than they should be dead, If they run use your E again, that should kill them. Always get a CD reduc item. But I think his ult will have a low Cd time. Anyways now I am going to tell you why I put this on TT forum. I put this on here for TT players to know, not SR. But the big reason is I am going to talk about qq now. I already know people will be saying he is op the first day. BUt no he is not, I just told you how too counter him from not even being released yet. I will tell you guys how to counter better once he is out I am saying this cause everybody well most people just cry about the new champ being op cause they do not know how to counter him. So I just wanted to try and help with the qq problems with helping the people learn to counter but still keeping most of my secrets to myself. Bump for more info on when Draven comes out. I will put in edits frequently. Thanks.

Edit: 1 Looks like I found that enter key Anyways thanks everyone fr commenting I really liked hearing what you had too say. I should be editing again tomorrow morning, If anybody else has commented on this thred remember I am checking this frequently!

Edit: 2 Who wants to see the two brothers of the League go 1v1?! (Draven v Darius) Fun game right? Prove which brother is better. =D

Edit: 3 So we saw the vid of Draven today... Looks like catching his blade is gonna be easier to catch than I though :P But he is gonna take skill

Exinoxics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

enter
learn to tap that key

NikkishallDye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

I personally think that the key to countering him will be to stop him from catching that blade.
It doesn't say in which direction it moves, and it could be straight up, in which case the obvious choice would be for the tank/bruiser to play aggressive as soon as he uses it forcing him to choose between taking damage and dealing it, or backing off from the spot.

If there's an indicator to the enemy team, then AoE skills will be spammed there every time to force him to make that same damage choice. Playing as him will be hard because of his reliance on the catch, and the extremely short range he has for a ranged AD.

His base attack damage isn't very high either, but his other stats are mid-line, so I'm interested to see if he becomes sort of the first "ranged tank", building some durability so he can catch his Q without too much repercussion against his health bar.

While his mana costs are flat, both his Q and his W, the two main abilities, can/must be used multiple times in a short period, causing the overall mana cost to use him effectively to rise. If his damage can be mitigated with a shield, or an armor buff, then he'll soon be found out of mana, and the assault can be taken to him.

I can see champs with some sort of little CC, like naut's passive, or leona's warp disrupting him with it far more than most champions, simply because he's SO reliant (sorry for the repeat) on multiple successive skill-based actions.

Rant complete.

Michael Stronk

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exinoxics View Post
enter
learn to tap that key
sowhatyouaresayingisthatheshouldpresstheenterkeymo reoften?

goodadviceIreallyappreciateit

BjornTheWize

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkishallDye View Post
I personally think that the key to countering him will be to stop him from catching that blade.
It doesn't say in which direction it moves, and it could be straight up, in which case the obvious choice would be for the tank/bruiser to play aggressive as soon as he uses it forcing him to choose between taking damage and dealing it, or backing off from the spot.

If there's an indicator to the enemy team, then AoE skills will be spammed there every time to force him to make that same damage choice. Playing as him will be hard because of his reliance on the catch, and the extremely short range he has for a ranged AD.

His base attack damage isn't very high either, but his other stats are mid-line, so I'm interested to see if he becomes sort of the first "ranged tank", building some durability so he can catch his Q without too much repercussion against his health bar.

While his mana costs are flat, both his Q and his W, the two main abilities, can/must be used multiple times in a short period, causing the overall mana cost to use him effectively to rise. If his damage can be mitigated with a shield, or an armor buff, then he'll soon be found out of mana, and the assault can be taken to him.

I can see champs with some sort of little CC, like naut's passive, or leona's warp disrupting him with it far more than most champions, simply because he's SO reliant (sorry for the repeat) on multiple successive skill-based actions.

Rant complete.
In my opinion you are right. I am a relatively hardcore Brolaf player and I see alot of similarities. I am going to build draven like Olaf in the respect of frozen mallet, maybe warmogs, and beserkers greaves and IE for sure. That will be my relative core depending. That leaves room for the crits with Atmas, which has been nerfed and maybe add in avarice blade early on for the G5?

Exotic3s

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkishallDye View Post

Rant complete.
I agree with what you. I was thinking about if you can back off when he catches hats god but than you have him hitting u for a lil bit longer.. You know? So realy making sure he he does not land his skill shots its also a hard choice people will eed to decide that choice based off of How the Draven plays IT will ary from Draven to Draven on if you need to back away or if your gonna need to keep fighting

Exotic3s

06-01-2012

Draven comes out soon! Bump and comment for more countering tips! And play styles =D

Axil

06-01-2012

holy **** wall of text nty

Exotic3s

06-01-2012

Yeah I forgot to use paragraphs D=

Prefix

Master Recruiter

06-01-2012

China called they want their wall back.