Who counters Kennen in a 1v1 match?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Transcend

05-31-2012

I'm 1v1ing a mate tonight, solo mid and he's playing Kennen. It's regular 1v1 rules, mid only, no backing except we're going first to 3 kills so if you die, you can buy items.

I've heard Irelia is a good counter and Riven/Yorick sounds alright as well.

I'm thinking about shutting him down early so he can't get a hextech or his ulti for that matter

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Can't tell you much about Kennen, but I saw some videos that Goldfather8 beats Kennens

Sentient 6

05-31-2012

Galio.

Directw

05-31-2012

fiddle?Annie? Ryze?Ahri?

if you want play melee, go for the all might tryn

SmallSushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Most mid champions beat kennen. I would suggest playing one that you are most comfortable with. If kennen maxes Q first, just make sure to always stay behind minions. Even if you are chasing to harass, make sure not to push beyond your creeps. I actually would suggest a champion with a stun or snare so you can stop Kennen if he tries to lightning rush into you.

Also, since you can't back, a champion like Vladimir with natural sustain would be nice.

xBiehL

05-31-2012

just take morgana, wait ultil kennen comes to fight snare him ult him and dont forget to spell shield you so you dont get stunned

MiC Røsøft

05-31-2012

mainly high burst (like annie, lb) will take care of him pretty well.

Avnerbertolin

05-31-2012

irelia, mordenkaiser ,talon , vlad and wukong does fine aswell

Themrbill

06-01-2012

I would say anyone with a non-skillshot hard CC and/or huge burst. Ryze, annie, cassio, sion, veigar...

you can get away with a lot of other mids like malz, lb, swain, but I like these when VSing kennen.

Amoc

06-01-2012

Kennen can't do much against Malz. Malz probably isn't going to kill him much unless the Kennen is dumb and over-aggressive, but Malz would be able to really zone him badly. He can stand behind his minions and avoid Kennen's harrass, while pushing the lane hard with E. If Kennen lightening rushes, he's given Malz a good opportunity to R him.