Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IP Bonus This Weekend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vormulac Unsleep

05-31-2012

What I really like, on top of the super crappy "reward" and the threat from Tamat, is how they also managed to say the boost would increase if their number of likes increased - fishing for more free advertising even as they shaft us on all the free advertising we've already done.

Should I go ahead and learn Chinese now, or?

Whober

05-31-2012

make it 100% or I hit u with nerf hammer like u did with irelia.

Malurth

05-31-2012

Quote:
Tamat:
If you'd prefer not to participate in this weekend, that's totally fine! Just let me know by complaining in this thread and I'll remove the bonus from your account before it begins tomorrow.

This is downright disrespectful.

I find myself unable to believe Riot saying they've learned from past mistakes when they pull **** like this, and respond to complaints like this.

DINOSSAURO

05-31-2012

Why not simply give us some RP so everyone can live happily ever after?
Seriously, never saw people complaining for gaining RP, maybe 900 RP + that IP Boost would be the best for this achievement, but wtv, I'll rush some IP anyways, so thank you for that.

Novocane

05-31-2012

After pouring hundreds of dollars into my game account through champion purchases, ip boosts, and skins I'm slightly disappointed with how rare Double IP weekends have been. I've suffered mass IP waste as runes are constantly restructured, Nerfed, or replaced with better ones through the patches. Double IP really helps to make up for lost ground as Riot attempts to balance out their game.

Now today our community has learned that 1/3rd of what was the previous standard for Double IP reward weekends has been slashed by 66% for what would appear to me to be a cutesy public relations move on Riot's part. That really set up your community for a rather huge disappointment there. A 2/3rds disappointment if you will. The 34% was cutesy with your "likes", but its not cutesy when it reminds us that there was a time when champions weren't 6300 ip all across the board and IP weekends were 100% increases and a year apart. The intelligent thing your number crunching PR firm should of considered was 134% if you wanted to keep your cutesy approach in tact without resetting the precedent that has been set by your company.

Being defensive about this and threaten to take your 34% IP weekend away just induces the flipping the table mentality out of dedicated players like myself.. Quite frankly you were better off this morning doing 0% and putting off your promised "epic reward" indefinitely. I've enjoyed this game since beta, but your whole company dropped the biggest ball of crud on their hardcore player community than I've ever seen. You don't go changing precedents and not expect a huge backlash from a community who is seeing a 66% reduction from the previous recording of what a IP reward weekend was use to be.

134% announcement would save your day Riot. I hope whomever has the power there to make the calls will read some of these comments and realize EXACTLY why the community is in an uproar over this.

IalreadyHateYou

05-31-2012

"This weekend, we're letting get the same amount of IP we used to get before we became greedy as fck! Enjoy!"

Vulking

05-31-2012

Quote:
EmSorraya:
It's not like having a bunch of people like a Facebook page is super labor-intensive. I'm a relatively new member, so I apologize if this sounds ignorant. I'm happy we get anything at all. So what if they were more generous in the earlier years? Can't we just be happy that they're rewarding us just for clicking a button on a Facebook page?

By the way, do the math. Let's say you get 200 IP for a game you play this weekend, with out the boost. 200 x .34 = 68. Add that onto the original score and you get 268 IP for one game.

Doesn't seem so horrible to me. *shrug*

Where are you getting 200ip a game? last I checked at best I get 86ip if i win a 40 minutes game.

Crappy 34% boost is crappy.

Saigo Getsuga

05-31-2012

Well thx. Riot

Murked

05-31-2012

My support for Riot has fallen down the drain.

cheesepiewmayo

05-31-2012

this would be wonderful if it wasn't during EXAM period T_T