IP Bonus This Weekend

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachezofPeachez View Post
What the heck O_______________________o

Did he really just threaten us!?
Who cares? are you really gonna miss some situational 25 extra ip?

Graiskye

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChineseOne View Post
I hope you know that their headquarters are in Santa Monica. It's practically in LA and that city and California are in debt. Everything is gonna need to get cuts and you may be right that this is probably a business plan. However, I believe that Riot works hard and need to keep the game at its rate of growth. Riot is growing as LoL is as the fan base is. That 100% double Ip weekend was probably just to get more players.

EDIT: **** you inconsiderate *******s. I bet none of you even live in California. The tax rates in San Francisco is 10%! 20% of teachers in my school got laid off! Don't even mention the gas prices. 1 million dollars for a crappy suburban 2k sq ft house. Same price for a condo. a ****ing condo.
What a ****ing moron. Learn a bit about civics before you pretend to know anything you ****ing moron.
I could care less the price of doing business in california, I know Riot are making a ****TON OF MONEY. How do I know this, look how hard they are expanding, companies in the middle of a recession do not expand moron, they downsize. Riot are not downsizing now are they.
No they are not. Yes you are a moron.

PRINCCHARMED

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Good <3

Masochist

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxl1 View Post
But yet, they still didn't technically FAIL on their part, like you were saying. They promised a big reward for 2mil. They didn't say when, or what. All they did was say "thanks" and that we will get a big reward.

We got our reward. To some big, to some small. Regardless, they still held up their end.

And my reference wasn't about this reward being as good as gold. I was using it as if you LITERALLY hand someone gold, inconsiderate people will then complain about it being too heavy. Which is the situation that is happening here. They handed us something, and people are complaining that it's not enough.
Sorry man, but there is no defending their position here. They dropped the ball, simple as that. You don't hype up a reward if you're a company with this kind of community and then expect there to be no backlash. This isn't about them handing us gold and us complaining about how it's too heavy. My analogy is much more succinct.

Vormulac Unsleep

05-31-2012

No joke, I want this off of my account.

And I hope that everyone doesnt forget this in a month like they did the hundred other times Riot dropped the ball.

Scumbag Jatt
Razer promo
Gamer mag promo
Their entire customer support system for Tribunal

etc.

I love this thread, keep the downvotes coming for the company that is "most community oriented".

Dragonkin737

05-31-2012

yay to the idoits who hnit the like button and yay to riot staff fb bots didnt think people could go any lower w0000000000000000000000t

Redcapx0x

05-31-2012

As pathetic a reward as 34% is for something as stellar as 3.4 million likes on a website with high traffic, just think of the students.

Folks in college / high school / whatever might be facing finals for their semester end, and this reward is telling them "hey, thanks for liking our game. here's something you can't use since you have to study. "

There's a word the military uses for this kind of situation.

Slipshod.

Mr Wednesday

05-31-2012

1) We don't get double IP weekends anymore because the servers stopped failing for days at a time. Given that there has been no failure, it seems silly to demand an equal response.

2) Tribes XP is not equal to LoL IP. Their economies are not comparable. It is a false comparison. Stop making it.

The entitlement in this thread is appalling.

Madotsuki

05-31-2012

Remove my boost too. What's it going to get me? 200 extra IP? Maybe even 250?

Not to mention, thanks for giving it to us on the weekend before a bunch of exams. Smooth.

TeachezofPeachez

05-31-2012

I waited forever in SUPER EXTRA excitement for this "facebook surprise". It's like, a total letdown. Then I come here and see Tamat threatening people for being upset about it. I'm hella let down. This bums me out man.