Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IP Bonus This Weekend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TherBad

05-31-2012

Didn't a red say that the reason we didn't have it yet was due to

"It not being finished in time, before 2 million likes"

this is it!? this is what took you weeks to complete? a 34% IP boosts?

I don't believe it.

What I think the REAL Story is;

You had a plan, started it, realised you are incompetent and couldn't finish it, so gave us this instead hoping nobody would notice.

Smooth Riot. You lost a fan.

CSD T1 Vidofnir

05-31-2012

Quote:
Pxl1:
What situation do you get rewarded for telling your friends "I like this game"? Because that's essentially what "liking their facebook" is, as far as exposure. You never get anything out of promotion by word of mouth (or a simple clicking of a button to "like).

Regardless of size or hype, you're still getting something out of nothing but a simple "like" on your part. It's more than a pat on the back and a simple "Thanks!"

Give someone a bar of gold, and they complain that it's too heavy. My comment still stands...

if your going to give a reward so pathetically small...then do not hype it SO MUCH as a company....there were posts about how "it will be worth the wait" and about how it would take time to implement....they could have done this at ANY POINT and chose not to and then on top of all of it Tamat tries to troll an already upset community.....this is not how you do business as a company

Dovian

05-31-2012

Quote:
Tamat:
Keep in mind, we created a desktop wallpaper to celebrate 1 million fans. You told us that you wanted in-game goodies, so instead of creating another piece of exclusive art, we decided to do a boost weekend.

If you'd prefer not to participate in this weekend, that's totally fine! Just let me know by complaining in this thread and I'll remove the bonus from your account before it begins tomorrow.

The amount of time it'll take you to remove the boost from my account is certainly worth more than the boost itself, take it away I don't even want to see it.

Leoniks

05-31-2012

Tamat, get a life dude, why did u say that you would remove ip boost when people complain in this thread? grrr

SonicTheHedgedawg

05-31-2012

what an underwhelming bonus..... especially since I'm going to be busy hiking all weekend . . .

bRoGTeN

05-31-2012

Remove the IP Boost from my account. This is disgusting. I don't want it.

99Headshots

05-31-2012

good

Sleepy Yoshi

05-31-2012

Quote:
Masochist:
They promised a big reward at 2,000,000 and failed to implement it. 2,000,000 is a lot of likes. They are now at 3.4 million and what we are recieving is underwhelming and should NOT have taken this long to be delivered if all it is, is a 34% IP boost. That seems kind of like a failure to me, dropping the ball hardcore.

I'd have settled for a normal IP boost weekend. That's actually substantial. They didn't hand us gold, they handed us pyrite and are telling us it's gold.

But yet, they still didn't technically FAIL on their part, like you were saying. They promised a big reward for 2mil. They didn't say when, or what. All they did was say "thanks" and that we will get a big reward.

We got our reward. To some big, to some small. Regardless, they still held up their end.

And my reference wasn't about this reward being as good as gold. I was using it as if you LITERALLY hand someone gold, inconsiderate people will then complain about it being too heavy. Which is the situation that is happening here. They handed us something, and people are complaining that it's not enough.

Ofermod

Recruiter

05-31-2012

So I guess this is considered "Tons of LoL goodness," according to Tamat's post. I'd hate to know what Riot considers a small amount of LoL goodness.

Also, I like how the percentage will go up by 1% for every hundred thousand likes (assuming my math here is correct). I get the feeling that that number isn't going to climb noticeably higher...

And yes, Tamat, this counts as a complaint.

My Name is Bao

05-31-2012

Quote:
Tamat:
Keep in mind, we created a desktop wallpaper to celebrate 1 million fans. You told us that you wanted in-game goodies, so instead of creating another piece of exclusive art, we decided to do a boost weekend.

If you'd prefer not to participate in this weekend, that's totally fine! Just let me know by complaining in this thread and I'll remove the bonus from your account before it begins tomorrow.

remove me brah